Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thomasxxxxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2014
Hello,

I have had bluetooth mouse for few days and I experience one problem. The scroll button does not work. Is there any tweak that will make functionable it? And I have on mouse two additional buttons. Is it possible to attach them some function?

Thank you.

Best Regards
Thomas.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
You can get a mouse for iPad?

Get BTC Mouse & Trackpad, it's GREAT (more info: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1465193/ )

----------

Hello,

I have had bluetooth mouse for few days and I experience one problem. The scroll button does not work. Is there any tweak that will make functionable it? And I have on mouse two additional buttons. Is it possible to attach them some function?

Thank you.

Best Regards
Thomas.

As I've also explained in my review,

"As the description of the tweak also states (“Scroll wheel: On SpringBoard, navigates the pages. In other apps, a pinch/zoom gesture is simulated.”), scroll wheels (for example, the touch area on the HP Presenter mice - one of the BT mice I've tested the tweak with) don't scroll Web pages or documents but gradually pinch them to zoom. (And, if it's a (non-mechanical) touch wheel, it'll scroll over SpringBoard app pages very fast!) As Safari (or any other iOS Web browser - the engine is, unfortunately, way less capable than, say, Opera Mobile in this respect) doesn't reflow text at a given zoom level, it's pretty much useless."

EDIT: turns out I was wrong. See https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/19102872/

Last edited:

Thomasxxxxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2014
I have BTC Mouse & Trackpad installed but scroll button does not work for scrolling pages.

Last edited:

Thomasxxxxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2014
From description: "Scroll wheel: On SpringBoard, navigates the pages. In other apps, view scrolls up/down."
Isn't there written that in other apps it can scroll up/down with the scroll wheel? Or did I misunderstood this setence? If yes I apologize for my bad english

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
Out of interest have you emailed BTC Mouse and trackpad support?

I did a few weeks ago and the response was very helpful - not related to this and I can't remember how long the reply took either, think it was about a week but not sure.

Thomasxxxxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2014
Yes, I sent them an E-mail few days ago but with no resposne yet. So I have to wait about one week, you say. Ok.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
From description: "Scroll wheel: On SpringBoard, navigates the pages. In other apps, view scrolls up/down."
Isn't there written that in other apps it can scroll up/down with the scroll wheel? Or did I misunderstood this setence? If yes I apologize for my bad english

I've just tested the current version on my 7.0.6 rMini. You're right - now the scrollwheel indeed scrolls Safari pages, unlike with the version I tested / reviewed earlier, which only simulated pinching in Safari. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I've tested this with the Logitech M-RCQ142.

Thomasxxxxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2014
So in version 1.6-1 of BTC Mouse & Trackpad scroll wheel works for scrolling pages in Safari and in previous version it does not?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.