Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple will look to restrict vacation days for its German retail employees this September ahead of a likely launch for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and other products, reports German site iFun.de (Google Translate). The move will likely also be enacted at the company's other stores across the globe, and follows a similar move last year in which Apple restricted vacation time for AppleCare employees from September 15 to 28 for the launches of the iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, and iOS 7 in that time period.

apple_store_berlin.jpg
The Apple Store Kurfürstendamm in Berlin, Germany

The majority of rumors throughout the past few months have indicated a September release for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6, with the larger 5.5-inch version of the device to launch towards the end of the year or in early 2015 due to production issues. However, this latest report contrasts a rumor from earlier this month that stated Apple will launch the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 in August and the larger 5.5-inch version in September, which would be a different strategy compared to past iPhone launches that have traditionally come in the fall for the past three years.

In addition to a larger display, Apple's next-generation iPhone is said to feature a thinner profile, a faster A8 processor, and an upgraded rear-facing camera in the form of either optical or electronic image stabilization.

The report also gives an update on the progress of Apple's upcoming retail store in Hanover, Germany, which is now on track to open sometime this fall. A previous report in March estimated that the store would open sometime in April, however multiple structural problems and mold have resulted in a delay for Apple's move into the location. When the store eventually opens, the location will mark Apple's 14th in the country, following stores in Düsseldorf, Berlin, and Frankfurt.

Article Link: Apple Restricting Retail Employee Vacation Time in September Ahead of New Product Launches

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
They did that last year for their product roll out, i.e., rMinis iPad Airs, etc.

Nice to see that we'll be getting some updates :D

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
So much for the August iPhone 6 then

Due to supply line issues, we may see a staggered release with the iPhone 6 launch in the USA come August and in Europe in September. Apple has stretched out release dates as much as three months for models in the past.

ipodmac

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
UK
Due to supply line issues, we may see a staggered release with the iPhone 6 launch in the USA come August and in Europe in September. Apple has stretched out release dates as much as three months for models in the past.

normally germany has the iPhone at the same time as the US?

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
So there will be releases in late September.

This information leak won't be tolerated... no one would ever have suspected.
tim-cook-420x215.jpg

ipodmac

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
UK
This better not be for the iPhone 6 unless Apple wants to continue to lose market share to Android.

alohamade

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
normally germany has the iPhone at the same time as the US?

I believe that's correct, the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPhone 5s/5c have all had Germany in their first round of launches. But hey, change happens sometimes!

DiscoMcDisco

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2013
London
Just give me an updated 5x or something, I don't want the new form factor... and the Mac Mini ... The iPhone 6 is completely turning me off, but there's nothing on Android to make me want to jump ship either.. everything looks terrible.

Is this the start of me NOT launch daying an Apple phone? I reckon so.

Back on topic, they've always ramped up store presence for after events, so I don't really understand why this is news.

cgc

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2003
Utah
Still hoping Apple updated the Mac Mini...I remember when Apple actually made computers, those were the good 'ol days.

M-O

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
and then again in October for the 5.5". cuz that makes a lot of sense.

IvanX

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Stories like these should be auto-generated using a form with month and product name selected from drop-down menus.

bpcookson

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2012
MA
About time something is being launched.. it's been an incredibly quiet year thus far in terms of new releases.

Actually, it's been a pretty standard year. There is nothing incredible about a few quiet spec bumps followed by a September iPhone release.

----------

Just give me an updated 5x or something, I don't want the new form factor...

I hear ya, but then I had originally felt the same way about the iPhone 5. These mockups can't compare to seeing the real thing and holding it in your hands.

I even really dig the 5c after having touched it; if they do an orange version I won't hesitate to make that my next iPhone, even if it isn't the latest tech.

----------

Still hoping Apple updated the Mac Mini...I remember when Apple actually made computers, those were the good 'ol days.

I've got a 2011 mini with an SSD installed, so I don't need an upgrade, but I always love seeing updates to the Mac Mini. It's such a fantastic machine!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.