Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iWork for iCloud received an update today, adding a range of new features to Pages, Keynote, and Numbers, further boosting the real-time collaboration capabilities of the apps. It is now possible to collaborate with up to 100 people (previous limit was 50) on a single document and users are also able to create 2D and interactive charts in all three apps.

Larger documents, up to 1GB in size, can be edited, and larger images up to 10MB in size can be added to documents. Chart formatting is now available in all three apps, and there are new color options.

pagesicloudupdate.jpg
Keynote has also gained the ability to show and hide slide numbers, while Numbers now supports alternating row colors in tables and the ability to export to CSV. Pages supports exporting to ePub, object layering, and inserting and editing inline tables.

The iWork for iCloud software is available to all users for free, and it can be accessed through Apple's iCloud.com website.

Article Link: iWork for iCloud Updated With Interactive Charts, Improved Collaborative Capabilities

meme1255

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2012
Czechia
I hope there will be OS X update soon, because there are still features that are missing - for example Mail Merge ..

cuwickliffe

macrumors member
May 8, 2014
More useful, but still slow

Having the ability to edit tables inline is huge. I use tables all throughout my assignment sheets to show students the file type, criteria, etc. and this has been a long-needed feature.

My biggest gripe with iWork for iCloud though is time to load. Logging in is decently fast, as it should be, but opening an actual document still takes far too much time when compared to Google Drive and others.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
How about some more total storage space for iCloud? I pay $40/yr for 20GB just so I can backup my iPad and iPhone. For the free tier, you should at least get 5GB per device so you don't have to have different iCloud accounts for each device.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
More often than you'd think, it's an amazing service.

I tried it, and it just didn't impress me. There was nothing to it that OneDrive or GoogleDrive didn't have. And there's plenty that those two have that iCloud doesn't.

Elbon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
Boston, MA
I still don't understand why I'd want to use a web version of iWork over a native version for the Mac or iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.