Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has updated its WWDC app for this year's developer conference in San Francisco, with the app confirming that WWDC will kick off with the usual keynote address scheduled from 10 AM to noon Pacific Time on Monday, June 2.

Unlike last year's update that brought new features such as video integration, today's update appears to include no significant feature additions, although it does include a new orange theme and a new look more consistent with Apple's iOS 7 design language. As is generally true ahead of the event, the conference schedule includes many developer sessions for which topics have yet to be announced, but this year Apple has used a number of clever placeholder names until after details are released at the conference keynote.

wwdc-app-2014.jpg
WWDC 2014 will kick off on June 2, and CEO Tim Cook is expected to lead the keynote with other executives pitching in to help share the latest news on Apple's hardware and software. Apple's WWDC app is available free of charge from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Apple Updates WWDC App for 2014 with iOS 7 Design and New Orange Theme

touchipods

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
It looks more light pink than orange to me. Only wish for iOS 8 is to bring back Scott Forstall.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
It looks more light pink than orange to me. Only wish for iOS 8 is to bring back Scott Forstall.

I turned on darken colors in accessibility settings so it's the perfect shade of orange on my phone. I hope that becomes the default in iOS 8.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
I keep having this suspicion that OSX will use the redesign to move to OS11. Maybe there is too much value in the OSX name but at what point does it become more than 10.xx?

mactumors

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2008
If you look at the schedule in the app, all of the unannounced sessions have creative titles like:
  • No Comment
  • This One Is Sealed
  • Shhhh, Can't Tell You Yet
  • It's Under Wraps
  • Still Our Secret
  • You'll Find Out In A Few Days
  • It's Still Confidential
  • It's Confidential
  • We're Not Telling
  • You'll Never Guess This One
  • We Still Really Can't Say
  • You're Just Going to Have to Wait a Little Longer
  • It's Still Our Little Secret
  • We'd Really Love To Tell You
  • It's Still Under Wraps
  • It's a Secret
  • This One's a Doozy
  • We're Not Telling Yet

And A LOT more.

I think last year they just said "Session to be Announced". Nice to see Apple with a sense of humor. Also nice to see that they have secrets to announce.

Rooster411

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2013
I have a feeling you'd hate it no matter what color it was.

Really?? Now why would you say that?
I do not like the color orange and that means I hate the entire color spectrum??
Sorry, but yours is a ridiculous statement.

bishopstory

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
Any new hints

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see any hints to the new ios like we did last year.... Maybe I'm missing something

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.