Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Shipping estimates for the Mac Pro through Apple's online store continue to rapidly improve, with the company's European stores such as the UK now showing 1-2 weeks for new orders. Online stores for other regions are still listing estimates of 2-3 weeks, but they should be seeing a similar improvement shortly.

mac_pro_1_2_weeks.jpg
After months of shortages for the completely revamped Mac Pro following its December launch, shipping estimates have improved rapidly in recent weeks, although it is unclear how much is due to improved supplies as any kinks have been worked out of Apple's new U.S. production line and how much is due to a slowing of demand after the initial order surge.

(Thanks, Paul!)

Article Link: Mac Pro Shipping Estimates Begin Improving to 1-2 Weeks

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I'd imagine there is less interest now as people are expecting a spec bump or price drop in the coming months.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
I'd imagine there is less interest now as people are expecting a spec bump or price drop in the coming months.

I'm one of those people. I'm looking to;
Expansion chassis. (I mean one that actually complements the Mac Pro).
DDR4
HDMI2.0

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
I'm one of those people. I'm looking to;
Expansion chassis. (I mean one that actually complements the Mac Pro).
DDR4
HDMI2.0

You'll be waiting a while then. At least until January.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003

There's always a spec bump or price drop in the coming months. For every computer. Looks like intel won't have the next xeons until at least september and it's not like they're going to have TB3 by that point.

reden

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Took 5 weeks to get mine. The thing that I found more surprising was they shipped it at the 4 week mark on 5 day shipping instead of overnight. I wasn't able to choose shipping priority when I purchased it either, the Apple representative at the store told me Apple ships them however they want, and he doesn't know the reason behind it. I think they send it to the NSA to get it tagged : )

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
Seems like.....

offer is catching up with demand.....:D

But I still dont find a compelling motive to put in retirement my "Classic" Mac Pro.....:confused:

:):apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.