Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple kicked off a new promotion in time for Father's Day that offers free shipping on all online purchases placed through May 29. This limited time offer waives the $50 minimum purchase Apple usually requires for free shipping.

apple-store-saleb.jpg
Besides the Father's Day branding and shipping promotion, Apple also updated its website with a gift guide that showcases the top gifts this year for Dads. Items highlighted on the list include the iGrill mini Smart Grilling Thermometer, Beats by Dr. Dre Studio Over-Ear Headphones and the Nike+ FuelBand SE.

Apple's retail and online sales experiences may change now that Angela Ahrendts is at the helm of Apple's retail operations. She reportedly shook up the in-house retail team and started reaching out to Apple Store employees in her first few weeks on the job. She is expected to focus on increasing Apple's presence in China, improving mobile payment options and redesigning the "end-to-end Apple Store sales experience."

Article Link: Apple Offering Free Shipping on All Online Orders Placed Through May 29

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Although not free, it looks like Apple have reduced the minimum spend for free delivery in the UK from £80 to £30. Whether it's permanent or just through 'til Father's Day is not clear.

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
I worry about Apples customer service as sales teams with so much focus going to Asian markets. Europe namely UK has a relatively small Apple presence and they need to bolster the areas they trade to already before putting all their focus on develping markets.

As for free shipping, it is good but compared to price of products it aint that big a deal. More regular sales would be better, especially for chargers and connectors etc or covers.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
Given the average price of items that Apple sells, the free shipping promotion seems pretty weak to me. I guess if you live far from an Apple Store it makes some sense for some items, such as Apple brand cables and adapters.

jfr001

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2006
United States of Europe
I'm wondering where Macrumors got this piece of news.
For me, the Apple Store's (US) front page still says:
"get free shipping direct to your door on all orders over $50",
and indeed if my cart is less than $50 I get charged for shipping fees.

I chatted with an Apple Associate asking for the "free shipping for everything" promotion and she told me "there's no such promotion". She redirected me to the web page where Apple lists their promotions and rebates, and indeed there's nothing regarding that.

I live in California (which is still part of the US, as far as I know), but maybe the offer isn't valid for all US states ? :confused:

RichardI

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2007
Southern Ontario, Canada
What a rip-off

I have seen these devices in the hands of friends and relatives. I have held one and used it. These things are adult toys and nothing more. You could remove every one of these devices from the earth and aside from cleaning up some plastic pollution, it would have zero affect. In medical or aircraft applications they make sense, but in the hands of the all-consuming consumer, they're just a toy - and nothing more. I am constantly amazed at North Americans' capacity for uselessness...:rolleyes:

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
Shipping is still free on orders <$50, just like always.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-24 at May 24, 2014 1.58.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-24 at May 24, 2014 1.58.55 PM.png
    33 KB · Views: 177

TheJae

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2008
HKG
It's been free shipping in Hong Kong since Apple Store first opened here. So no biggie really.

jfr001

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2006
United States of Europe
Still not available

it was probably a false news, or local to a particular country unspecified by the author.
It's not available where I live (USA), I checked every day, free shipping is for orders over $50, as usual. So no Father's Day gift from Apple this year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.