Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has debuted two new video ads for its "Your Verse" iPad Air campaign that showcases the tablet being used in a variety of situations. The pair of ads profile Esa-Pekka Salonen, a Finnish conductor who composes music with the iPad Air, and travel blogger Chérie King, who uses various apps to map her journeys and translate foreign languages on the fly.

Salonen's Your Verse ad
displays the musician taking a simple musical concept and developing it into a full composition, using apps such as Touch Press' The Orchestra and Notion to sound out various instruments. The composer is also seen using Pianist Pro, which is shown being used before a whole orchestra plays a musical piece.

Meanwhile, King's one-minute spot shows the writer traveling to various places including Morocco and Vietnam while using the iPad Air in a number of ways. Apps such as Wordpress, Facebook, and Twitter are shown being used to record the journey, while Triposo and iTranslate are used to find popular destinations and translate foreign languages in real time, respectively.

As with the other Your Verse ads, both videos have corresponding sections on Apple's website which go into details about the stories of both individuals and how the iPad Air has helped.

Apple debuted its initial Your Verse iPad ad in January alongside a corresponding website that shares a number of experiences. Other stories have noted the iPad's use in mountaineering, sports, choreography, oceanography, and more.

Article Link: Apple Debuts Two New 'Your Verse' iPad TV Ads Emphasizing Music and Travel

blue22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2010
Classy...

Brilliant TV spots for the iPad. Have yet to see Samsung try to copy that classy approach. ;)

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
It's nice to watch those ads and think that most peoples' verses will be getting through some levels of Angry Birds and responding to emails. :p

Yes, I know that's pretty cynical.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
I want to see the commercials for all those cheap "GarbagePads" sold in China, India and elsewhere around the globe.

:)

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
Emphasizing music, but I still can't play super hi-fi stuff on my iPhone :eek:

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
I had Civilization V on in the background while watching the first and the background music of Civ really enhanced it, and made it sound like oriental music, all because I forgot to mute it.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I had to stop this half way couldn't take it

Big keyboard, reminds me of my old Casio..

Second video is better, all but holding the large device up to take a photo.

You try that in a concert and everyone will start yelling at ya.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Brilliant TV spots for the iPad. Have yet to see Samsung try to copy that classy approach. ;)

The first ad sucks because I will never pick up a violin or use a piano; I'm too old for that crap and have zero interest in it.

The second ad is the same old song and dance but in a different costume.

Basically if you already own a iPad 2 and up it can do everything as seen in the ads. These commercials have the same old theme; nothing new to see.

----------

iPad mini rarely features in the iPad ads.

Because the money maker is the full size iPad with a $100 premium.

I agree; Apple is doing a terrible job promoting the smaller iPad which I find more useful.

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
The first ad sucks because I will never pick up a violin or use a piano; I'm too old for that crap and have zero interest in it.

Basically if you already own a iPad 2 and up it can do everything as seen in the ads. These commercials have the same old theme; nothing new to see.

----------

Because the money maker is the full size iPad with a $100 premium.

I agree; Apple is doing a terrible job promoting the smaller iPad which I find more useful.

I think that these ads aren't supposed to be new and show off stuff you don't know already about them. Most people know what an iPad is and that it can do so many things... it's time to educate people that iPad is a classy and worldly product and you shouldn't be using Samsung/Microsoft because they are too generic and boring even though they do the same things.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I really like the Your Verse campaign. The two websites for these ads are really nicely done with additional videos too.

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012

You miss the point of brand marketing. This is not solely about introducing new features for the iPad. It's about, in part, the possibilities that are open to YOU, the consumer, if you have something as wondrous as an iPad. Brand marketing is about emotional associations and not simply touting a bunch of hardware features for the geek crowd.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Great ads, but the travel one is a bit misleading. In certain places, if you are out and about with an iPad in public, you would be mugged in 2 seconds. If you have an iPhone, probably less.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Not quite, the mini has an inferior screen to the iPad Air.

Which I'm guessing the vast majority of mini owners couldn't care less about. I mean it's not like the 1st gen mini had trouble selling...

----------

So if you have zero interest in something that means it sucks?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.