Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aprofetto8

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
It's like Christmas morning...

ralphie-a-christmas-story.jpg

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
Am I the only one who thinks that Mavericks will become some sort of the new Snow Leopard for a lot of people? Like, fully functional with the latest techs (CPU and ram optimization) but still pretty and cool? I have this feeling 10.10 will become a "dumb" system, or better, a system for the dumb.. I mean, is there even 1 person who loved Lion and Mountain Lion? Besides iCloud integration? I think not. Kinda feels like I'm already waiting for the 10.12 lol. Anyway, I hope 10.10 is awesome and I'm just plain wrong

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
SPOILER ALERT!

• Apple will be detailing plans for the transition of Macs to the ARM architecture.
  • New low-cost, ultra-slim ARM iMac to be unveiled.

This.

The writing has been on the wall, can't believe more haven't seen this coming already.

dansix

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2012
*Tim Cook to ski jump over a shark while wearing a black t-shirt.

Seriously I've been a Mac user since '88. One more chip "transition" and I'm done upgrading to Macs.

Maybe because they're going to make it compatible with iOS apps. Like a developer develops an app for iOS that can be used in OSX? Just guessing.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Seriously I've been a Mac user since '88. One more chip "transition" and I'm done upgrading to Macs.

Someone pee in your Cheeries this morning? Apple's chip transitions have gone very smoothly. And if the rumours of ARM are valid, iOS has already been running on ARM for many years. iOS is a sibling of OS X. The transition has already been completed.

mdridwan47

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2014
Somehow I can never watch live streams on my Windows PC.

I install latest Safari (5.1.7) and QT and everything but can never get it to work.... :/

The video is playable starts AFTER the live event is over. So I have to scour YouTube for hangout live streaming..

What am I doing wrong? Can someone help a brother out ? Is there any other way.. ?

Godzilla71

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2009
WA state
I'll be calling in sick on Monday

LOL! ;) :D

I work at night so I am really glad that I do when events and keynotes roll around that are streamed. I always get to watch them no matter what the day. :) I wouldn't want to come down with a fruit related illness or anything if that wasn't the case. ;)

Last edited:

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
This.

The writing has been on the wall, can't believe more haven't seen this coming already.

People, please. Intel is light years ahead of ram. You just don't understand how stuff works. Just because a7 has 2 cores and 1.* ghz doesn't mean it's even in the vicinity of ANY intel chip. Stop the madness! It will not happen. Ever. EVER. (Ok, I give y'all 5 years, let's see if it's approaching at least a scrappy haswell pentium) there's a reason they are mobile chips (low power) and that's all they can brag about.

oliversl

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Global events should be announced in GMT time, like GMT-5 or like that. What is PDT?

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
If they are saying they have exciting things to announce they better deliver. Otherwise they just set themselves up for a lot of bad press. P

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
If Apple's planning on opening up the next AppleTV for apps, they have no choice but to present the new hardware at WWDC too.

Same thing goes for any iWatch/iBand/iWhatever and any ARM transition for future Macs.

they could introduce the "healthbook" app with the iOS8 beta without actually mentioning the iWatch yet (even though everyone will technically know what it will be for)

i agree about the apple tv part though, devs need time to get apps ready

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Tim has been telling us that there are some really great things coming in the future. Well I do hope the future is now. I expect this to be primarily OS based so I hope for iOS they provide multiple windows (at leat for the ipad). For the OSX 10.10, I am hoping for continued integration with the cloud and and more rapid development of iworks.

It may be too early for major hardware announcements, but I would love to see an iPad with touchID, a keyboard cover by Apple, A big iPad that really takes over the laptop world (because the OS now provides multiple windows and perfect cloud integration), and a new apple tv (but more important is better content to support cable cutters like me).

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Wow people actually believe Apple is going to announce a transition from Intel to ARM? One would assume if that was happening there would have been a lot more scuttlebutt about it.

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
Somehow I can never watch live streams on my Windows PC.

I install latest Safari (5.1.7) and QT and everything but can never get it to work.... :/

The video is playable starts AFTER the live event is over. So I have to scour YouTube for hangout live streaming..

What am I doing wrong? Can someone help a brother out ? Is there any other way.. ?

As far as I know and it seems other agree, this is the 1st time Apple has ever had the live stream for windows also. It has always been osx/ios only. I for one am glad. I work on windows only :( so I had planned on waiting to watch but not anymore! Extended lunchtime for me!

Alumeenium

macrumors regular
May 15, 2013
SPOILER ALERT!

• Apple will be detailing plans for the transition of Macs to the ARM architecture.
  • New low-cost, ultra-slim ARM iMac to be unveiled.

with on operating system so dumb even a half wit baby boomer can use it

look it even remembers your password for FB!

it's like a wheelchair for your mind...

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
I want to watch it on my Apple TV, I just got it a month or so ago and this will be my first Apple Keynote with. I can't watch it live, but will it be available to watch later in the day?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.