Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I installed Talkatone on my iphone 4 (jailbroken but I don't know if that even matters) and I'm having trouble with incoming calls. I set up everything correctly as far as I know, but I can't seem to figure out how to answer the incoming call. I do get a notification of the incoming call on my lockscreen in LockInfo, but there's no way for me to actually answer the call. If I swipe to unlock, I'm simply taken to the homescreen and tapping on the notification in LockInfo does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Ok guys - I figured out the problem with answering incoming calls but I have another problem now and I'm hoping someone can help me with it. I am not getting any sort of ringtone on incoming calls via Talkatone. I've tried both a custom ringtone and one of the standard ringtones and nothing seems to work. When I get a call, I get the notification on my lockscreen in lockinfo, my phone vibrates twice very briefly and then the screen shuts off (and no my phone isn't in vibrate mode). I figured that maybe popup blocker was the problem so I allowed popups from Talkatone and tried again. Now I get the push notification popup telling me that I have an incoming call but all I hear is the tri-tone (or whatever it's called) instead of my ringtone. I can't help but think that my problem is somehow related to Lockinfo and/or Popup Blocker but I'm not sure how to fix it. Anyone?

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Anyone? I can't be the only person trying to use Talkatone with lockinfo and popup blocker, right?

udance4ever

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2005
I can't be the only person trying to use Talkatone with lockinfo and popup blocker, right?

You're not the only one - just had this issue today.

When I tap to switch to the app, it doesn't give me an option to answer or reject the call.

Is there a way to selectively allow talkatone to popup as a workaround?

I love LockInfo & this is a bit of a showstopper!

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
You're not the only one - just had this issue today.

When I tap to switch to the app, it doesn't give me an option to answer or reject the call.

Is there a way to selectively allow talkatone to popup as a workaround?

I love LockInfo & this is a bit of a showstopper!

You can exclude Talkatone's pop-ups from being blocked in PopupBlocker's settings.

udance4ever

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2005
You can exclude Talkatone's pop-ups from being blocked in PopupBlocker's settings.

I looked on Cydia and PopupBlocker is a different tweak - did you install with along with LockInfo?

I'm evaluating LockInfo along with Notified Pro.

udance4ever

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2005
installing the Popup Blocker tweak did the trick.

while I was a bit lost in regards to what to turn on/off on NotifiedPro and LockInfo - I eventually got it to work.

Is there anyone out there who's put a cheatsheet in regards to how they've best configured Notified Pro, LockInfo and Popup Blocker together by chance?

this would be very helpful to us newbies!

djyking

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2011
incoming call problem

Hello prywzrd,

I hope you see this. You said you fixed the problem of incoming calls, ie no popups for answering calls. I also have a jailbroken iphone 4.

If you dont mind, how did you fix the problem? thanks

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Hello prywzrd,

I hope you see this. You said you fixed the problem of incoming calls, ie no popups for answering calls. I also have a jailbroken iphone 4.

If you dont mind, how did you fix the problem? thanks

Try installing popup blocker and excluding Talkatone's popups from being blocked - that's what did the trick for me.

djyking

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2011
Thanks. Just so we're on the same page, when you had the incoming call problem, did you get the incoming call popup when talkatone was in the foreground? I get the popup when talkatone is open but only get notification and no way to answer when it's in teh background.

Talkatone faq mentions that jailbroken devices may cause talkatone to not work when it's in background...and in their blog, a Talkatone tech said that it is probably a mobile substrate issue which someone said they fixed by going to SBSettings and disabling the Alertblocker mobile substrate addon there. BUt I don't see it in SBSettings.

Is this basically what your solution does?

So once Popupblocker is installed, it automatically detects Talkatone and gives you option to exclude it from being blocked?

Sorry for being so longwinded and thanks

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Thanks. Just so we're on the same page, when you had the incoming call problem, did you get the incoming call popup when talkatone was in the foreground? I get the popup when talkatone is open but only get notification and no way to answer when it's in teh background.

Talkatone faq mentions that jailbroken devices may cause talkatone to not work when it's in background...and in their blog, a Talkatone tech said that it is probably a mobile substrate issue which someone said they fixed by going to SBSettings and disabling the Alertblocker mobile substrate addon there. BUt I don't see it in SBSettings.

Is this basically what your solution does?

So once Popupblocker is installed, it automatically detects Talkatone and gives you option to exclude it from being blocked?

Sorry for being so longwinded and thanks

I honestly don't remember if I got the popup when talkatone was in the foreground. All I know is that when my phone was locked and a call would come in, I would only see a notification within Lockinfo. Once I installed popup blocker and turned push notifications on for talkatone, I received a popup notification and was able to answer the call by unlocking the phone. If the phone is already unlocked you get a popup with "Close" and "Answer" buttons.

I still have the problem where my phone doesn't always ring even though Talkatone is in the multitasking bar. It must be a problem with the app (I'm running the latest version too).

udance4ever

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2005
PopupBlocker is what did the trick for me too.

I still have the problem where my phone doesn't always ring even though Talkatone is in the multitasking bar. It must be a problem with the app (I'm running the latest version too).

yeah - i still have this issue as well. I don't think Talkatone is a particularly well-written app. I'm a the point where I'm wondering if I would more reliably receive GV calls if I forwarded my calls to a paid SkypeIn number - has anyone tried this by chance?

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
PopupBlocker is what did the trick for me too.

yeah - i still have this issue as well. I don't think Talkatone is a particularly well-written app. I'm a the point where I'm wondering if I would more reliably receive GV calls if I forwarded my calls to a paid SkypeIn number - has anyone tried this by chance?

I can't answer that question for you but what I can tell you is that if this solution requires you to keep the Skype app in your multi-tasking bar, it will drain the pi$$ out of your battery.

shab.notif

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2014
Hi dear. I have the same issue recieving calls on talkatone. I saw ur techniques but may I please ask what pop up blocker u unstalled and where on ur phone or conputer???

pauly800

Suspended
Dec 7, 2014
im in mexico. Signed up with talkatone and make calls to usa phone number and see i have 10 free minutes. I used up all of it almost.

However... how do you receive calls with talkatone? That is free right? Its just calls to others that cost money?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.