Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tlak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2005
I'm looking into getting a twin display (2 iiyama LCD 20") for connecting to my powerbook G4.

First off - i dont know which connectors to get to make this work. My powerbook has one DVI port. It also has a PCI slot. And an S-video out. I dont know how to plug the two displays in? I know its possible, but just not how to do it!

Any help would be very very grateful, no where seems to be able to give me a straight answer on how to do this!

Thanks

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Unless you can make the 2 displays appear to be one to the PowerBook you cannot do this easily. Your PowerBook can display on 2 sceens, the internal one and one other. Even with the internal display turned off (i.e. in Clamshell mode) you cannot run 2 external screens.

You do not have a PCI slot. It's a laptop. You do, however, have a PCCard slot. There is a PCCard graphics adaptor (do a search) but it's been reported to be very slow.

tlak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2005
thankyou

lol - please excuse my misuse of PCI! lol - i see what you are saying, i wont bother with anything slow. I guess i'll just spend the money i was going to spend on two - on one ultra sharp screen. Its for editing and digital painting. I'll just have to live with it untill my pockets can afford a lovely G5 :)

thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.