Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Despite a variety of iPhone 6 mockups and case leaks, there haven't been as many part leaks for the iPhone 6 outside of what could be the front panel of the device, the backlight panel and the possible batteries. Now, Macfixit Australia has obtained what looks to be the back cover for the 4.7-inch silver iPhone 6.

Back-Cover.jpg
Like many of the mockups, this photo also includes the antenna breaks near the top and bottom portions of the back. It also appears to have a green film on top of it, with silver poking through near the camera and flash holes near the top, indicating that this could be the white / silver iPhone 6. The cover also appears to be made out of a thin metal and includes clear cutouts for the camera and flash, unlike a lot of mockups, which also adds some weight to its possible authenticity.

The cover also appears to have the much-rumored round corners, which are similar to the design of the iPod Touch. This also keeps the iPhone in line with both the iPad Mini and iPad Air, which have more rounded back corners.

Aside from larger 4.7 and 5.5-inch displays, the iPhone 6 is rumored to have an improved A8 processor, an improved camera with optical image stabilization, new backlighting technology and 802.11ac Wi-Fi.

Article Link: Alleged iPhone 6 Back Cover Shown Off in New Photo

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I'm all for iPhone rumors, but isn't this like the 10th identical design that's made front page news? We all assume at this point the final design will look like this, and we still don't know if this particular incarnation is a genuine part.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Looks like a thin case on a dummy. If it was a film then it shouldn't have a camera and flash cutout like that. You can see the cutout for the side volume buttons too.

FactVsOpinion

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2012
"Yep"

Even if this isn't it, I'm pretty we can all expect this is pretty much how it'll look.

I'd prefer a better solution than the antenna breaks though. However, it beats the black plastic of both the iPod touch and the cellular iPad.

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
You know, phones can get *too* thin.... once I start breaking my super-thin phone from just being in my pocket, that will be a huge concern. If they can get it to the thickness of the iPod touch, that's really the thinnest I want. I need a battery in there too you know.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
But I became so attached to the way true tone flash looks... I dont want to see that go a way its to awesome to go away.

Attachments

• iPhone5S.0.091113sd.jpg
    iPhone5S.0.091113sd.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 6,009

joelvega125

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Looks awesome...minus the blue/green plastic wrap. ...can't wait for this. I'll buy anything shiny and made by Apple.

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Nice to see Apple simply doing iterations on design rather then, I don't know, do something risky, innovative and interesting like everyone else?!?!??

Absolutely ugly and plain, looks like a toy, nothing will beat the iPhone 4 design and the build up that led up to it. Apple straight up got lazy and has no new unique ideas left in the tank, mailing this in for the sheeple who will buy it no matter what. Why bother when everyone will buy it.

xionxiox

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
Hell
Nice to see Apple simply doing iterations on design rather then, I don't know, do something risky, innovative and interesting like everyone else?!?!??

Absolutely ugly and plain, looks like a toy, nothing will beat the iPhone 4 design and the build up that led up to it. Apple straight up got lazy and has no new unique ideas left in the tank, mailing this in for the sheeple who will buy it no matter what. Why bother when everyone will buy it.

I personally think they should make it in the shape of a ball so you can play catch while making phone calls.

Xerotech

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
Leaks get pretty accurate as the release date nears. I'm ready for a new phone. The battery in my 5 has gone through too many cycles.

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
Instead of making the battery thicker which is of very practical and functional use they are making the bands thick? Hope the beats design hasn't rubbed on them!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.