Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
iOS 8: Now your iPhone is waterproof.

Samsung already did that with S5. :rolleyes:

Why is it ALWAYS an iOS banner? I was hoping i'd be OS X :(

iOS = the bread and butter for Apple.

LOL at people who think the icons are changing. If they really bothered Apple they'd have been changed by now. Not happening.

Not necessarily. I think it's more likely that Apple would change the icons after an OS update like this as not to cause 'confusion.'

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Now that I've stopped screaming like a little bitch, I'm not digging that new font... Perhaps iOS 8 will let us choose the system font?

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
Remember they started naming OS X after water bodies - Mavericks?
Now iOS8 has water. Maybe they are planning to converge ;)

That will be some news!! Apple drops OS X and decides to use iOS only on all devices!

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
LOL at people who think the icons are changing. If they really bothered Apple they'd have been changed by now. Not happening.

I doubt MAJOR changes - but I'm sure there will be some tweaks. The font change is interesting to note.

Also very curious what the water background means....I love all the "waterproof" comments, but I don't see how an OS can be waterproof ;):p

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany

ikr ... apple seriously loves those colors i mean have you seen those ugly official iPhone 5C cases? i thought it couldnt get worse after those icons but they surprised me :D just waiting for the OS X update backlash

Simoleon547

macrumors member
May 25, 2014
I would hate to be the woman in this picture. Makes you look like you just let someone take a picture of a surprise that will get posted around the whole web.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Samsung already did that with S5. :rolleyes:

iOS = the bread and butter for Apple.

Not necessarily. I think it's more likely that Apple would change the icons after an OS update like this as not to cause 'confusion.'

Maybe. But I don't believe Apple thinks they need to change them. And quite honestly I couldn't care less about them now. I spend very little time staring at app icons on my screen.

----------

Was hoping for a thicker "8".

Would you prefer this?

header1.jpg

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Remember they started naming OS X after water bodies - Mavericks?
Now iOS8 has water. Maybe they are planning to converge ;)

Apple didn't start a naming convention after water themes. They changed it to places in California. The next theme could very well be a desert or a tree.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
This gets me really excited, loving the new blue/water background and the 8, it looks really good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.