Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

wwdc-2014-logo.jpg
With Apple's WWDC Keynote kicking off on today, some users are interested in avoiding all of the announcements and waiting until Apple posts the recorded video of the event so as to experience it without already knowing the outcome.

For those individuals, we've posted this news story, which will be updated with the link to the presentation once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

Users waiting for the video to be posted are welcome to gather in the thread associated with this news story, and we ask that those who follow the events refrain from making any posts in the thread about the announcements.

Video Posted: The video is now available for on-demand streaming, and there are no spoilers on the page at the present time.

Article Link: WWDC 2014 Spoiler Free Video Stream [Video Posted]

mangomind

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Video Will Soon Be Posted: The video will soon be posted at the bottom left side of this Apple webpage, but spoiler-free viewers should be aware that there will be major spoilers located below the video thumbnails and dates. Users should be sure to shrink their browsers vertically or turn their iOS devices into landscape mode in order to avoid viewing the spoilers.

--------------

The above post is very similar to the update Arn will do when the recorded video is posted. Instead of refreshing this page and getting the recorded video when Arn posts it, you should refresh the Apple recorded video link above and get it the instant it is posted.

--------------

See last year's Spoiler Free WWDC Thread for reference.

Last edited:

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Or instead of refreshing this page you could refresh Apple's Official Spoiler Free Video Stream.

Some people may not be able to watch the live stream and as such like to congregate in the spoiler free thread until they can get to a computer to watch.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
I am also participating in being spoiler free. Missed out on the beginning, so I want to watch the whole complete thing from start to finish; don't want to be left wondering what the beginning was about. That is why I am here and I am also dreading the anticipating!

----------

Why this year there isn't any discussion in this forum. Last years the thread would go to 6-7 pages.

I guess most people are watching the live stream and in previous years, Apple didn't provide a live stream so people just hung out here.

Too bad really….

lordninja

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
London
I guess most people are watching the live stream and in previous years, Apple didn't provide a live stream so people just hung out here.

Too bad really….

You are probably right.... I am in my office at uni and no one is around. I'm dying of anticipation.

My rss reader keeps increasing the number of unread feeds from macrumors and im just looking at the number :(

dweezle3

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
Earth
Also, I would venture to turn off any safari notifications that you have set for tech sites today. I noticed that I was getting popups in notification center on my mac for iDownloadBlog with spoilers in them, so I promptly turned on Do Not Disturb. Might be a good idea if you can deal with not having any notifications for a bit.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Anyone know how long the keynote normally takes? And how long does it take for them to upload it?

Since it was live streamed this year, it will be significantly shorter to wait. So if the audio is already up, the video version shouldn't be far behind (at least the low quality streams).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.