Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-Ray-

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
Post any bugs you find in here...

Im pretty impressed that it hasn't been as buggy as other betas.

Ive ran into one bug so far. When scrolling the applications folder and reaching the bottom is jumps to the middle of the pane.

Last edited:

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2013
Post any bugs you find in here...

Im pretty impressed that it hasn't been as buggy as other betas.

Ive ran into one bug so far. When scrolling the applications folder and reaching the bottom is jumps to the middle of the pane.

Could you post a video :D

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Multiple Monitors doesn't work when full screening an app.

Like in ML, the other screens go blank, only the app full screen'd is viewable.

computerfreak97

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2013
Safari is super unstable for me (i.e. open it and it crashes within a minute). Is this true for anyone else?

rasputin1969

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2010
Installed, had a look and have just initiated a time machine restore to mavericks. Didn't notice any bugs but the UI's just not for me I'm afraid.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Aren't devs under NDA, and not supposed to talk about bugs publicly?

iJcaP

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
I don't know if this is a bug, but apparently when I click "About this Mac" and check my storage it shows 20 GB less than what I had before. And it's all filled with "other".

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
No screenshots.
Buttons are pretty hideous.
Helvetica Neue is a terrible screen font on non retina displays
Setting up Family Sharing renders System Preferences unusable
Getting locations in Tweetbot beachballs for a long time (possibly all getting location, will test)
Mail have been stuck on the upgrade procedure for a long time
Amazingly XtraFinder still works, albeit with doubling up of window titles. Very promising.
Finder window titles can go behind buttons if you resize
The folders are VERY blue (ok, so not a bug, but definitely something to get used to)

c1phr

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
I thought that was just my set up! Does this not happen in Mavericks?

That was one of the major features of Mavericks was that apps could be full screened without affecting the other displays. Does anyone know if this causes any sort of issue with applications that full screen on both displays? I use Microsoft Remote Desktop for work and it uses both of my displays, and that might hold me back from installing.

magicmarc

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2011
Stuck install

My Yosemite install is stuck on "About 5 minutes remaining" and has been for over an hour. I finally held the power button, my mac restarted (with the new boot screen and progress bar), went back to the install screen and got stuck again at the same point.

No progress yet. Is it just me?

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Safari download icon is stretched vertically.
Calendar displays some visual bugs both in the app and in the notification centre
Did I mention how terrible Helvetica Neue is on non-retina displays?
Mail worked after a force quit

By far more usable than the iOS8 beta for sure.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
No screenshots.
Buttons are pretty hideous.
Helvetica Neue is a terrible screen font on non retina displays
Setting up Family Sharing renders System Preferences unusable
Getting locations in Tweetbot beachballs for a long time (possibly all getting location, will test)
Mail have been stuck on the upgrade procedure for a long time
Amazingly XtraFinder still works, albeit with doubling up of window titles. Very promising.
Finder window titles can go behind buttons if you resize
The folders are VERY blue (ok, so not a bug, but definitely something to get used to)

As it is a beta you should really do a clean install

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Personal opinions are not bugs, now shoo, get back to the I hate is threads
Oh dear. I don't think you know me at all. I love iOS7 and always have been. We're talking OS X here and I consider the rendering of a non-display font on a non-retina display a bug.

And please for the love of God don't tell me how to set up my beta systems.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I don't know if this is a bug, but apparently when I click "About this Mac" and check my storage it shows 20 GB less than what I had before. And it's all filled with "other".

let it index again, i also have this happening on Mavericks sometimes

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
Oh dear. I don't think you know me at all. I love iOS7 and always have been. We're talking OS X here and I consider the rendering of a non-display font on a non-retina display a bug.

And please for the love of God don't tell me how to set up my beta systems.

I did actually change my post as I realised you weren't having a moan but as with any beta you should do a clean install as you have no idea how other applications will interact with a new operating system and any undesirable effects this may cause. I wouldn't want to point out the obvious of how to setup a system to establish a baseline prior to testing...

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
I don't have the new iTunes icon...?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 6.40.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 6.40.31 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,227
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.