Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
You said Mission Control in your first post, now you're talking about Control Center. Which one hasn't changed?

I didn't say control center - it was the guy who quoted me. If you see what he quoted, I wrote that the animation was changed when opening apps from Mission Control. But I can now see it's not changed. ;)

----------

Found a way to bypass the lock screen in iOS 8 Beta 1:

Ask Siri what song is playing.
Once it tells you what song is playing, click on the Shazam logo.
This opens Shazam, where you can then simply press the home button, which takes you to the home screen.

I can't reproduce this. If you're using a passcode, it's asking for the passcode before unlocking the phone.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
Found a way to bypass the lock screen in iOS 8 Beta 1:

Ask Siri what song is playing.
Once it tells you what song is playing, click on the Shazam logo.
This opens Shazam, where you can then simply press the home button, which takes you to the home screen.

When you press the home button is it reading your finger print to let you in if you are using a 5s?

efice32

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2008
Music City USA
If you go into a Messages thread, then tap "Details" at the top and scroll down you're presented with "Attachments" from that Message thread. This appears to show all of the pics/videos/contacts ever received in that thread in a nice stacked kind of display. Super slick.

(My phone is still restoring photos, but I assume they'll be here)

Attachments

• IMG_2969.png
    IMG_2969.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_2971.png
    IMG_2971.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 186

Ktaifan

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2014
If you go into a Messages thread, then tap "Details" at the top and scroll down you're presented with "Attachments" from that Message thread. This appears to show all of the pics/videos/contacts ever received in that thread in a nice stacked kind of display. Super slick.

(My phone is still restoring photos, but I assume they'll be here)

Can you delete the individual media files themselves?

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
Don't know if anyone's noticed, but:

- You don't have to say "What's playing" to Siri to match a song via Shazam. You can just start Siri without saying anything, and it'll automatically match music in the background.

branco84

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2013
this version of ios 8 is only available for developpers?

if yes, how i can be a member?

it's free?

Last edited:

efice32

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2008
Music City USA
Screenshots seem to be saving to the photos app as both .PNG and .JPG files, resulting in duplicate entries for each screenshot. Kinda annoying actually. Bug reported.

Last edited:

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
Am I the only one who can't submit bugs via the Bugreport app!? The "Send" button is always inactive....

efice32

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2008
Music City USA
Some new options in the Touch ID & Passcode settings (forgive me if these were present in 7.1...I rarely enter this part of the Settings app)

Attachments

• IMG_2972.PNG
    IMG_2972.PNG
    108.4 KB · Views: 207

hypotc

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Can anyone with iPhone please check if it's possible to schedule "Do Not Disturb" to specific days?

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
But as I mentioned earlier, Yahoo!'s weather data came from the same source: Weather Underground/The Weather Channel.

Are you sure? Because I've known Yahoo to show wrong weather data for my city. For another city in India it even shows 'Sunny' with a sun at midnight (no it's not really that hot in India lol). The Weather Channel website however doesn't do any of this for the same cities.

mcmul

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
I seem to recall a New York Times tab option in the iBook application during the presentation.

Did I really see that? What is that?

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
this version of ios 8 is only available for developpers?

if yes, how i can be a member?

it's free?

Yup, the iOS8 Beta is available to those only who have membership in Apple's Developer Program. The cost is $99/year. You can't pirate it since it requires your UDID be registered to an AppleID.

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
Am I the only one who can't submit bugs via the Bugreport app!? The "Send" button is always inactive....

You aren't the only one

----------

Now conversations are now called threads and you can set alerts to be notified when you receive any mail from that thread

Antoni Nygaard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2009
Denmark
You can also press more and select more attachments and delete at once, but the delete doesn't work more attachments right now

Safari on ipad behaves the same way on the iPhone now, when you scroll dow a page the address field disappear!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 410

dspalton

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2008
Fleet, UK
Not sure if mentioned before but when you click the camera in a message you get your last pics up to choose

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 144
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.