Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Just wondering if anyone is looking at the eclipse tonight.

Certainly did here in Sacramento!

Spring Break for my son, so he was able to sleep in today. Daughter was already asleep, so I took him and my wife outside to look at it.

As we were walking outside, he said, "The sun is sleeping, and the moon is awake!" Wifey and I both smiled. One of those parent/child moments you'll never forget..

Then he saw the moon.

"The moon is sleeping, and the sun is awake!!"

Without getting so technical that I cause his 4 year old mind to completely implode, we talked about the moon and what an eclipse is. He wants to see one again.. real soon.. Like, now.

BL.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
62hTev9.gif

Renzatic

Suspended
Man, I wish I got to see that. I stayed up til 2 last night hoping the clouds would break enough for me to check it out. Never did. : \

Oh well, we've still got 3 more to look forward to over the next year and a half. Hopefully I'll catch the next this October.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
It was a nice clear night here on the Front Range in Colorado. My 14 year old son, wife and I went out a few times to see it. It was awesome!

SandPebble

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012
Did not see the eclipse, but saw the reddish moon when leaving for work at 0610 this morning.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.