Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
Not sure if anyone else has tried but my imac with 675mx ran Rift ok in parallels. I leveled up a character to level 10 or so. The gameplay was smooth enough with no lag.

The only issue I had was right mouse is used to look around and right mouse click is used to loot and some other actions. basically it has 2 things for the right mouse button which makes things very frustrating. Half the time I try and loot the camera is locking and unlocking. The behavior of the entire right mouse action is really bizarre and frustrating. I experienced one event so far and it was pretty cool. I still need to read up on the game because its a little complex with the soul trees but it has been guiding me along ok.

Chances are I will not continue though unless I can get the mouse actions squared away.

Again just a heads up that its playable to some in parallels without a need to reboot.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
OK, just had a go at Rift in Parallels and I have sussed your problem.

To loot put mouse pointer over what you want to loot and do a quick click, do not linger on the click otherwise it goes into that movement option.

Must admit it does run nice under Parallels :)

Last edited:

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
OK, just had a go at Rift in Parallels and I have sussed your problem.

To loot put mouse pointer over what you want to loot and do a quick click, do not linger on the click otherwise it goes into that movement option.

Must admit it does run nice under Parallels :)

yes I read that on the tutorial. Im not sure if its my mouse or what but rapid clicks dont always register for me.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
yes I read that on the tutorial. Im not sure if its my mouse or what but rapid clicks dont always register for me.

It is not so much a rapid click, it just click and let go, if this is not working then I would say it is your mouse, which is what make and model by the way ?

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
It is not so much a rapid click, it just click and let go, if this is not working then I would say it is your mouse, which is what make and model by the way ?

My mouse? Its a logitech m325 notebook mouse. Just a cheap 13 dollar mouse. I like it because its small.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
My mouse? Its a logitech m325 notebook mouse. Just a cheap 13 dollar mouse. I like it because its small.

Hmm, maybe not the best mouse for gaming, I have two Razer Deathadder respawns and I have used them for over two years with no problems. They work right out of the box, you do not need to install the software unless you want to use the extra buttons. If you buy this mouse make sure you get the Respawn version, otherwise you will get the Deathadder that uses the Synapse software which for me was a complete nightmare and very hard to remove from your machine. Also the Deathadder none respawn version would not even work on my Mac nor under Windows.

This is the one if you are interested, sorry it is a US link, do not know where you are, I just picked the first link I found.

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Deathadder-Re-Spawn-3500DPI-Gaming/dp/B002RL9A2O

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.