Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As part of its Father's Day promotional push, Target is offering the 16 GB non-Retina Wi-Fi iPad mini for just $199 in either white or space gray, a savings of $100 over Apple's standard pricing. The offer is only valid in-store, although customers can purchase online for store pickup. Quantities do, however, appear to be very limited, as most stores are currently showing no available stock.

ipad_mini_target_199.jpg
The discounted pricing is valid through June 14, so customers looking to take advantage of the big discount should check back frequently if their local stores are currently out of stock.

(Thanks, Steve!)

Article Link: Target Offering Non-Retina Wi-Fi iPad Mini for $199 In-Store for Father's Day

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
That's just about low enough for me to impulsively purchase one before contemplating whether I actually need one.

I know my fiancée has been talking about replacing her POS Windows laptop with an iPad... I'll check with her if she'd want this.

rdelcleveland

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2014
Sounds like a new iPad soon?

First of all, this really is a great deal on an iPad. Yeah, it's only 16gb, but my 2 year old iPad is only 16GB, I use it a lot and it still has plenty of space on it.

But it also looks like Target is clearing out their old non-Retina iPad stock for a possible newer iPad maybe?:)

Bearxor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
First of all, this really is a great deal on an iPad. Yeah, it's only 16gb, but my 2 year old iPad is only 16GB, I use it a lot and it still has plenty of space on it.

But it also looks like Target is clearing out their old non-Retina iPad stock for a possible newer iPad maybe?:)

Sure. Got to have that inventory cleared out by November somehow.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
i want one for a gift.....good price :cool:

My though exactly. At this price, I might just need to pick this up for wife gift so she can stop borrowing my full size ipad. I told her that when the new air came out I would upgrade and give her my old one, but this may be a way nicer thing to do. Husband points comming soon :)

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Loss leaders are not a sign of anything.

Stores do this on a regular basis with popular products to lure in shoppers.

Yup, picked up my Mini this morning and the store was almost empty. Stores are currently struggling for traffic.

cashville2400

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2011
Glad I saw this my wife was just saying I always give her a hand me down lol. I'm going to get it today as a surprise. She better not complain that it is not a retina display :D

eldervovichka

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
Queen Creek, AZ
Best Buy will price match

Hello All,

I just went to Best Buy and had them price match it. The manager started to say well we have to call the store to see if it is in stock. I kindly pointed out that their website (Price Matching) does not detail it has to be in stock, but advertised that way.

He then said nothing more and approved it. $199 is a great price to have a second iPad. I am giving this one to a friend and couldn't pass up the deal.

Jeff

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
That display is SO BAD I'd still turn it down for $50. I'm totally serious. I was shocked they released such an awful piece of junk when it first came out and I'm doubly aghast they still sell the thing.

resmypc

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2010
Best Buy Price Matches

Best Buy Price Matches I just went to the store and got one.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
That display is SO BAD I'd still turn it down for $50. I'm totally serious. I was shocked they released such an awful piece of junk when it first came out and I'm doubly aghast they still sell the thing.

The screen is not as bad as you say.

mungo2k

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
Best Buy Price Matches I just went to the store and got one.

Best Buy in Col Heights DC refused to price match. Said they'd already phoned Target and verified there were none left in the area, even though Target's website says otherwise. Looks like your luck depends on your store manager.

SolarShane

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
YOUR FACE is lame. :p

This is a good deal for those that wanted a non-retina iPad. I would have preferred the retina but whatever, I may just pick one up for the wife.

I guess you don't care very much that other people have different opinions than you. FYI: Starting with a bad joke won't net you many (if any) responses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.