Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Ringly, a new iPhone-connected smart ring designed for women, uses Bluetooth LE to connect to a phone, lighting up and buzzing to alert users of calls, messages, emails, and other app notifications.

Billed as the first connected ring, Ringly aims to allow users to continue to receive notifications even while a phone is put away in a bag or otherwise unavailable. The ring, which lasts for up to three days on a single charge, connects to an accompanying iPhone app to deliver notifications.

ringly.jpg
Ringly creates jewelry and accessories that connect to your phone and notify you about the things that matter most. Put your phone away and enjoy the moment.
Ringly is designed to light up or vibrate when a notification is received, and it is entirely customizable by the end user. It features four vibration patterns and five colors that can be assigned to different notifications. Incoming Twitter notifications might buzz in a certain way, for example, while a phone call might light up. The ring is also able to sync with reminders, letting users know when a meeting or appointment is coming up.

Ringly is available in three sizes (6,7, and 8) with four different designs that feature precious and semi-precious stones in 18K matte gold settings. Three of the rings can be pre-ordered for $145, while a fourth ring sells for $180. The rings will retail for considerably more, starting at $195. The first 1,000 rings sold are also advertised as having a real diamond in the side.

Article Link: 'Ringly' Smart Ring Relays iPhone Notifications Over Bluetooth

LunaticSX

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2011
Operators are standing by!

Bonus feature if you install their iOS app is that Ringly will function as a mood ring!

Not only that, but the app will include a color chart to tell you what mood you're feeling based on the current color of the ring.

Act now and they'll throw in a FREE set of ginsu steak knives!

brucerb

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2013
A mood ring for her iPhone!

Are you kidding?! This is a great idea. This would solve the problem of the wife never answering calls or texts ("it was in my bag"). It would also solve the "you never buy me jewelry" problem if, alas, it didn't look like it came out of a box of crackerjacks.
(I'm probably showing my age by mentioning mood rings and rings in crackerjacks)

Yixian

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2007
Europe
More designs and it's a winner, not sure the gf would really like this style but if they release one more her style you can bet your ass Id force her to wear one, she never has her phone on her lol.

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
Then, when you forget where you put your Ringly, they will have Pendantly, so you can find your Ringly, and then answer your phone. Dumbly.

How about just pick up your phone?

Arndroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2013
More designs and it's a winner, not sure the gf would really like this style but if they release one more her style you can bet your ass Id force her to wear one, she never has her phone on her lol.

Yeah people saying women would not use this are wrong. It is actually an excellent idea. They will have to expand the line to more designs though, because how it looks will be important to the target market.

The idea is a solid one though.

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Ringly, a new iPhone-connected smart ring designed for women, uses Bluetooth LE to connect to a phone, lighting up and buzzing to alert users of calls, messages, emails, and other app notifications.

Billed as the first connected ring, Ringly aims to allow users to continue to receive notifications even while a phone is put away in a bag or otherwise unavailable. The ring, which lasts for up to three days on a single charge, connects to an accompanying iPhone app to deliver notifications.

Ringly is designed to light up or vibrate when a notification is received, and it is entirely customizable by the end user. It features four vibration patterns and five colors that can be assigned to different notifications. Incoming Twitter notifications might buzz in a certain way, for example, while a phone call might light up. The ring is also able to sync with reminders, letting users know when a meeting or appointment is coming up.

YouTube: video
Ringly is available in three sizes (6,7, and 8) with four different designs that feature precious and semi-precious stones in 18K matte gold settings. Three of the rings can be pre-ordered for $145, while a fourth ring sells for $180. The rings will retail for considerably more, starting at $195. The first 1,000 rings sold are also advertised as having a real diamond in the side.

Article Link: 'Ringly' Smart Ring Relays iPhone Notifications Over Bluetooth

At the risk of being a hypocrite, I love my smart watch, but this thing is ridiculously stupid

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
My wife's phone is always on silent, buried at the bottom of her purse. Or in another room of the house, on silent and hidden by...something.

I'm going to buy her one of these and make her wear it 24/7.

I don't know if she'll like it, but I'd love it, lol.

rmatthewware

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2009
Are you kidding?! This is a great idea. This would solve the problem of the wife never answering calls or texts ("it was in my bag"). It would also solve the "you never buy me jewelry" problem if, alas, it didn't look like it came out of a box of crackerjacks.
(I'm probably showing my age by mentioning mood rings and rings in crackerjacks)

When my wife doesn't answer the phone, I ping her via Find my iPhone. That way the sound plays even if it's on silent.

----------

My phone vibrates for free, thanks.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
That one is actually interesting!

VERY interesting! Google or Microsoft would be wise to pick up that company. It could be a consolation prize of useful and possibly game changing innovative tech since they missed out on buying crappy overpriced headphones, a rapper and a smooth talker.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I think it is a good idea, but the ring itself looks like something that kids get out of a quarter machine...

Also I was expecting it to be like a mood ring and change the color of the crystal rather than a side LED.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.