Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Taiwanese media star and race car driver Jimmy Lin has once again surfaced showing what he seems to be passing off as a legitimate iPhone 6, although the device is more likely to be one of many physical mockups seen in recent months.

jimmy_lin_iphone_6_1.jpg
Lin has a history of such postings, having shared what he claimed was a mini iPad back in 2010 two years before the real iPad mini debuted, what was clearly an iPhone 5 mockup, and what appears to have been a knockoff iPhone 5c shell or dummy unit based on accurate design specs that were circulating ahead of the device's release last year.

jimmy_lin_iphone_6_2.jpg
In his latest "iPhone 6" photos, Lin shows the device next to the iPhone 5 and 5s, comparisons that have been seen in a number of different settings already. Among the suspect aspects of his unit are what appears to be a nonfunctional yellow blank in place of the rear flash, a larger than expected FaceTime camera hole, and a lack of any photos with the unit turned on.

jimmy_lin_iphone_6_3.jpg
Lin's unit appears very similar to one we've seen in photos sent by a supplier to screen protector and stylus firm Halo-Direct, although this unit lacks the Apple logo seen on Lin's.

iphone_6_halo.jpg
The 4.7-inch iPhone 6 is expected to debut around the September timeframe, with an even larger 5.5-inch model reportedly also in the works. It is unclear, however, where that larger model will debut alongside or up to several months later than the smaller version.

Article Link: Taiwanese Star Jimmy Lin Gaining Attention for iPhone 6 Mockup Photos

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2010
here and there but not over there
really? We are now getting 'breaking rumor news' from anyone more or less famous or wanna-be famous without a clue that builds or thinks about a mockup?

If I draw now a mockup based on other mockups, will you publish that on the front page?

These things don't even qualify as rumors, they are just made up things without any connection to apple.

and btw: those mockups from this 'star' look like s***.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
I'm not loving it. The 5 looks much classier.

Not really, here at least we have slimmer bezels at last. Difference between home button and display was reduced also the distance from facetime and speaker. And size bezels reduce as well

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
At this point I would be shocked if we didn't see this exact same phone unveiled in September. All these leaks are pretty consistent. I'm sure it will look a little more polished once Apple releases it, but I think we are pretty much familiar with the iPhone 6 already.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
i kind of like it. The rounded edges with flat back(which are a lot better for slimmer device to grap the phone) and those lines make an iphone to be different from others like Htc One and probably different than ipod touch

rp2011

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2010
Have we seen this mockup in black yet? I like the silver one he is holding, not digging the greenish gold one.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Definitely their ugliest phone yet. Those thick a$s lines.

If I had a dollar for every time someone wrote this before Apple releases a phone....... And then another dollar when that same person goes out and buys it :D I'd be a wealthy wealthy man

MacSince1990

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009
Fascinating article.

If I had a dollar for every time someone wrote this before Apple releases a phone....... And then another dollar when that same person goes out and buys it :D I'd be a wealthy wealthy man

Make that $100 and I'd agree with you =P

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY

Add in the fact that they then say it is the most beautiful design ever when the next one comes out after it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.