Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J.L.Photography

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2012
South Florida
Is the 6 still keeping that strange, elongated aspect ratio that the 5's have? which appears to be like the phone screen is just stretched lengthwise...

Cant they just go to a traditional 16:9

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
er6BuFi.jpg

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
If I had a dollar for every time someone wrote this before Apple releases a phone....... And then another dollar when that same person goes out and buys it :D I'd be a wealthy wealthy man

Hey, I'm going to buy one… because my 3G is getting a little long in the tooth, not because I think the bands are pretty!!

I do think the bands that follow the top and bottom edges are ugly. But I'll get over it.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
Lets face it guys, Apple will perfect the Htc One M8 design with not so tall device 138 vs 146mm and not so thick device. So a beautiful design like Htc One M8 will be improved by Apple

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
So I think it is pretty unanimous that the iphone 6 will be exactly like these "leaks."

There is no way to keep these products under wraps once they start producing them.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
So I think it is pretty unanimous that the iphone 6 will be exactly like these "leaks."

There is no way to keep these products under wraps once they start producing them.

Because of China town(foxconn) because what is made in US is under wraps like Mac Pro or Macbook Pro retina

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
cant believe i am saying this but that looks like HTC M8s ugly little brother .... the thinness even makes it look kinda cheap

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
Right. This will be me upgrading to a 5S. The side by side comparison makes it quite easy to simulate on a 5/5S how easy the 6 will be to operate single handed and it's uncomfortable as hell with me having to move the phone in my hand to go from top to bottom.

Plus, rounded edges... It will be a drop&smash fest. I also really dislike the antenna bands. They were beautifully discrete on the 5-5S and now it looks like apple is advertising for them.

I'm sure the hardware will be a killer, but IMO the design is a bit of a miss...

iOSaddict

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2014
I like how many of you make fun of him for posing with a leaked iphone 6, ridiculing his local celebrity status and his appearance. I didn't see this happening when white people do reviews with the empty casings and (worse), the supposed cases of the iphone 6. Grow up.

And I love the look of it. They actually manage to thin down the bezels, not almost double it up like how Samsung did with the S5. So enough already with all the negative talkings. If Apple and their iphone's aesthetics bother u that much, just don't buy it. Why try to rain on everyone's parade? It's a free market, vote with your money.

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
If I had a dollar for every time someone wrote this before Apple releases a phone....... And then another dollar when that same person goes out and buys it :D I'd be a wealthy wealthy man
Add in the fact that they then say it is the most beautiful design ever when the next one comes out after it.

And I wish I had a dollar for every time someone posts these comments. I didn't like the look of the glass panels top and bottom of the iPhone 5 either. I'm used to them now, but I've never thought or said the 5 looks beautiful. But by all means, search my entire commenting history, and anyone else's, to prove this well known phenomenon.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Hmmm. I am not sure I am a fan of what seems to be just a stretched iPhone 5/5S. I would have preferred a wider, taller size. I think a galaxy S3 size is perfect, although I am not a fan of the galaxy series. Of course I will have to hold it in my hands when it comes out to see what my final opinion is.

Last edited:

Keerock

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
Why would Apple go backward

All of the iPhone 6 "mockups" have a single LED flash opening. The iPhone 5s uses a dual color flash. Can someone explain? Did I miss an article explaining how this single opening for a single LED flash is an advancement?

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
1136*640 (1.775:1) basically is 16:9 (1.77777:1).

Yeah, and it's worth pointing out, in case that guy's super anal, that 1136 x 640 (1.775:1) is actually (very very slightly) less 'elongated' than true 16:9 (1.778:1).

He should be thankful it's not 1138 x 640, which is actually closer to 16:9 than the current resolution ;)

ghost187

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
That is definitely bigger than 4.7. And it is not as "bezeltastic" as the reports claim. My money is on 4.8-5.0 inch display and there won't be a bigger one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.