Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chowee21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
This is the first iPhone that I really would like to get on launch day.

What is the best way to guarantee to get the new iPhone?

Should I go through the Apple website?
Should I go through the AT&T website?

I don't want to sit outside the stores for hours on end...

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
This is the first iPhone that I really would like to get on launch day.

What is the best way to guarantee to get the new iPhone?

Should I go through the Apple website?
Should I go through the AT&T website?

I don't want to sit outside the stores for hours on end...

pre order on apple.com

you will have the least amount of issues this way.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
When do pre-orders typically start?

usually the day of, or a few days after announcement.

it actually varies, though they've never done pre-orders the day of announcement. for most of the iphones, there's been enough time that a launch-day delivery would be possible, but this was not the case last year. pre-orders for the 5s happened at midnight on launch day, so the only way to get an iphone on the first day was to walk into a store.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
it actually varies, though they've never done pre-orders the day of announcement. for most of the iphones, there's been enough time that a launch-day delivery would be possible, but this was not the case last year. pre-orders for the 5s happened at midnight on launch day, so the only way to get an iphone on the first day was to walk into a store.

also, when the 5 came out, some got their 5 the day before launch but couldn't activate because they needed a nano sim :D

blugel

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2008
I've always pre-ordered through Apple's site, but may not be able to this year..

I want to change my AT&T plan to a NEXT plan, and it doesn't look like it can be done through Apple's site, so I guess I'll take my chances with pre-ordering through AT&T...

1Zach1

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2008
Northern Va
I'm guessing AT&T is going to stick with its "You can't upgrade until you're exactly 24months into your contract no matter what" stance, which means no upgrading for me until Nov. At least that will give me some time to get a hands on with the 6 and determine if it's right for me. Maybe they will even be in stock somewhere at that point.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Can you preorder on Apple with the Jump option on AT&T?

I'd say no.
I'm on the Edge program with VZW and I don't think apple's site will have the various programs that carriers are now using to get consumers to buy a phone non-subsidized.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.