Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Rovio today launched Angry Birds Epic for iOS devices worldwide, featuring a fantasy-adventure story with RPG gameplay. The player controls Angry Birds characters Red, Chuck, and Bomb as they explore Piggy Island to battle the series' classic pig villains.

angry_birds_epic1.jpeg
Battles in game feature turned-based elements, as players can upgrade their characters' abilities, armor, and weapons throughout the story. The game also features an extensive crafting system, which allows players to obtain and combine multiple parts to create a variety of weapons for use in battle.

The new title is Rovio's first Angry Birds release of 2014, with the company also gearing up to launch Angry Birds Stella in September after teasing it earlier this year. The latter is expected to encompass multiple elements, as Rovio will tie-in animations, books, toys, and more alongside the game.

Angry Birds Epic is a free app for iOS devices and can be downloaded through the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Rovio Launches RPG-Based 'Angry Birds Epic' for iOS Devices

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Seems like it's just turn based battles and no other RPG elements

nnacrumors

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2014
It's sad to see a company cling to dear life to the same thing over and over year after year. I don't think I've ever seen such a sad display of a company clinging so dearly to a single product of the past and trying to recreate the same thing 37,149,285 times over in the hopes that it holds off the inevitable.

Lord Hamsa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2013
Anyone else getting sick of all the "I'm sick of Angry Birds" comments that inevitably fill the posts of any story that mentions Angry Birds?

Anyone else getting sick of the posts about getting sick of people who post that they're sick of Angry Birds? :D

(We can do this ALL day...)

jakebot

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2007
Vancouver, BC, Canada
We got this game in canada a little while back (not sure why they tested it here first). I actually really love it and continue to play well after a month of starting it.

rctlr

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2012
I think their servers are down because everyones downloading after this announcement :)

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
Anyone else getting sick of Angry Birds

What annoys me the most is that we're forced to install and play the game!

The same goes with news/rumors we have no interest in, like patents war, stock prices and games we don't play!

I would absolutely love to have a choice in the matter!

JoeyCloverfield

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
Yeah! Still milking it Rovio.

I hate it when companies milk stuff. Angry Birds, Mario, Sonic, Pokemon, Marvel, DC, cows, etc.. I mean, things should only have one version. The thing's universe should be completely abandoned and forgotten after that.

/s

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
Anyone else getting sick of Angry Birds

I beat one of them (original? About 6 months ago) in about 3 days of casual playing. Ridiculously easy and I never saw what all the fuss was about.

Also, having to leave my internet off to keep from having ads literally between every throw was getting really annoying.

stogie53

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2008
iCloud

all these games would be better with iCloud support so u can continue on any device!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.