Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A couple of new model photos of the rumored iPhone 6 have been posted to Twitter by SonnyDickson. The new images depict the 4.7" and 5.5" iPhone 6 side by side -- both front and back.

BqEdyw7CcAAysnR.jpg
BqEcyMuCIAI7gQQ.jpg
The images show what we have already seen about the iPhone 6, including the rounded case edges and larger form factors. Apple is expected to release the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 around September of 2014, while the 5.5-inch version may come later.

Photos of iPhone 6 dummy models have been floating around for months, making even more frequent appearances in recent weeks.

Article Link: Photos of 4.7-Inch and 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models

penter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2006
well, if Apple orders them down, we'll know for sure they're real...:D

AceMason

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2009
I can't get over how ugly those breaks are ... like seriously. I've always loved all of the previous iPhone designs and never had a problems with the changes in iOS 7 but this looks so gross. I can't even. Obviously I'm still going to go out and buy it just cause it's an iPhone freakin 6 but still ... why you gotta make it not classy??

sshambles

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2005
Australia
Dual flash seems gone based upon these photos and mockups. What gives?
I don't have a 5S, but how much of a difference does the dual flash make?
If it was an improvement, surely they'd keep it.

The black mockup with the back lines/breaks looks bearable. This gold one (and the other white ones) however, don't. Unsure about the appearance - especially as someone who has never used a case on an iPhone ever.

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
Hmmmm....

• No hole for the Apple logo here...
  • Seemingly too thick bezels on the smaller one...
  • Is the scale right? Seems a huge jump from 4.7" to 5.5"...need a 5S to gain relative scale here...
  • Funky Camera inserts...
  • Still not sold on the plastic antenna lines...must be a nicer way to integrate them!
Seems like just another educated guess physical mock up...is there really anything to see here?

mskill

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2013
The bezels don't appear to be thinner at all.

I really hope they're able to offer the 4.7 inch iPhone in a small form factor.

ceezet

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2013
Ugh those lines on the back are seriously ugly. Didn't like the 2 tone back on the 5 and 5s either. Looks like a case where tech is getting in the way of design.

psylence2k

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2012
the camera lens on the 5.5 seems significantly larger than the 4.7 ....

and I dont know if that's an extra sensor/lens or just a large speck of dust left of the front camera lens on the 5.5.

I wonder if Apple is gonna pack the 5.5 with a bunch of higher end features to justify the alleged price increase and push more sales. It'll definitely ruffle the feathers of those who are more than sure of getting the 4.7

east85

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
I'm really saddened by how ugly this phone is. It's just a total mess aesthetically.

DaveMcM76

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Scottish Highlands
  • No hole for the Apple logo here...
  • Still not sold on the plastic antenna lines...must be a nicer way to integrate them!

iPhones have never had cutouts for the :apple: logo - they are always printed.

I'm not sure about the antenna lines.... they don't offend me greatly but I'd be interested to see how they look on the black/grey as thats the one I'd be likely to get.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Dual flash seems gone based upon these photos and mockups. What gives?
I don't have a 5S, but how much of a difference does the dual flash make?
If it was an improvement, surely they'd keep it.

The black mockup with the back lines/breaks looks bearable. This gold one (and the other white ones) however, don't. Unsure about the appearance - especially as someone who has never used a case on an iPhone ever.

Maybe it's harder for mockups to draw it out or something. Mayb apple have combined it into a single lens, the flash on the 5S is way better than the 5 so I don't see why Apple would wish to get rid of it.

1member1

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
I'm with 4S at the moment and was always laugh at people with Samsung Note but in few month when I go to purchase me a new iPhone i think there are high chances that i pick 5.5 instead of 4.7. I just have a feeling this will help me more in day to day tasks and I'm sure apple will make it useable for me.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Running the second picture through Photoshop reveals some very subtle image properties. See if you can spot them…

xgwhsKl.gif

Last edited:

marksmith25

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2012
559to5.png

9to552.png

9to553.png

The black/slate version looks nicer.:)

Furthermore, these photos going around are of dummy models probably made in plastic.

The final metal versions probably would have a more cleaner design.

Last edited:

Jiz

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2011
Bad Mockup

I call this one a sloppy hoax. The flash is not centered on the 4.7" model.

Skylitfly

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2014
I'm really saddened by how ugly this phone is. It's just a total mess aesthetically.

It's not a phone. It's a mock up of a phone. And it only shows how the phone may look like when it's released in fall. So keep calm and wait till you see how it actually looks like.

I doubt Apple will make their phones actually look like that.

I wonder how people always take design mock ups so seriously. Like it's going to be the final product.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
we already seen at 4.7" earlier this week that the bezel are thinner than in these pictures

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.