Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
SO glad this is finally making front page. I've had this issue since June 9th!

DJMeat

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2013
London
iTunes Match has been an issue for me for the last 8 months or so.

I can't see myself ditching it because - iOS-side - it works brilliantly, but I'm getting damn tired with adding music in iTunes, firing up the Music app in the car an hour later, and finding the new album greyed out.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
It just works. You just need to go through a 7 step process to make it work every time :D

Yeah, I know. 7 steps... it's disappointing. I have Google Music as well... it's rather smooth. And it's free. Hopefully, Apple take some cues from Google and provide a free service with this.

I'm sure eventually they are going to incorporate a legitimate streaming music service package now that they have Beats Music.

BangBangLadesh

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2014
I found a fix on the Knowledge Base that seems to work. The issue is the iTunes Store Cache. After doing this, I was able to upload some mixes I was working on (so obviously they are not on the iTunes Store)

- Turn off Match

- Open Preferences > Advanced > Reset iTunes Store Cache

- Relaunch iTunes and Turn Match On.

boom.

lewdvig

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
South Pole
Match is utter crap

It messes with albums, replaces info screws things up, deletes tracks. I HATE it.

Google play music is free and superior as a music collection backup service.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
For the most part, iTunes Match (iMatch? Sounds like a dating site) works really well for me. But occasionally the iCloud songs all show grayed out, and the only solution I can find is to turn iTunes Match off and on again and it usually works.

A little harder to fix - iTunes / iTunes Match seems to get confused with compilation albums. I buy an album from eMusic and it's fine. iTunes / iTunes Match does its magic and then when I search for an artist I suddenly have hundreds of songs by that artist instead of (in reality) just one. I don't know what's going on with the tagging.

lewdvig

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
South Pole
I found a fix on the Knowledge Base that seems to work. The issue is the iTunes Store Cache. After doing this, I was able to upload some mixes I was working on (so obviously they are not on the iTunes Store)

- Turn off Match

boom.

Repeat monthly because Apple's ****** doesn't stink.

dpfenninger

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2005
I've been having this issue as well over the last week. Just thought it was as a result of me upgrading to a new computer. Hope Apple fixes it, as I've tried every 'solution' I could find.

malnar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
TIme for people to switch to Google Music :)
Yep - just switched myself about a month ago. I pay for All Access and uploaded whatever wasn't available - about 5000 tracks right now. It's perfect. If you're using Spotify, Rdio, Beats, or whatever, I can't see why you wouldn't switch to Google Music All Access. I have everything I need in one place. No more jumping from app to app to get all of my music.

benjaminhoong

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2011
Same Here

my goodness! this made it here! i thought it was only me having that issue. iTunes Match expired today for me and this issue has really got me thinking whether or not I should subscribe to it again...

if there's a fix then maybe...

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
This problem is older than June 10th...I have had issues with this for a while.

When iTunes Match works as it is supposed to it is amazing. However, track upload issues, album artwork missing, and duplicates have bugged the service from the outset.

This seems to sum up my time using iTunes Match.

When it works as it should it's great but those niggly little errors & bugs can make it a frustrating experience.

Jungo

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007

- Turn off Match

boom.

Yes... this makes sense thanks I'll try it - I've had new tracks (my music new mixes) hanging up for a few weeks now. - glad to see this coverage. - I thought it was just me

malnar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
Match is utter crap

It messes with albums, replaces info screws things up, deletes tracks. I HATE it.

While I agree Match is crap, I disagree on why. I haven't had any issues where it "messes with albums" (can you be more specific?), replaces info, or deletes tracks. I just find that after all this time, it still mismatches songs (a remastered version of a song is matched with a non-remastered version, in the middle of an album that otherwise matched perfectly) or has errors in trying to match. These errors are not something that just started, they've been going on for pretty much the entire time Match has existed. It's just a flawed system and Apple doesn't seem real concerned about fixing it. Very disappointing. This is my last year with Match. When the subscription comes due in November, I'm done.

MacLawyer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2009
U.S.A.
I gave up on iTunes

Too many issues. Match doesn't work well and I have purchased some movies which now I can't re-download.:confused:

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Match is utter crap

While I had some minor problems, iTunes Match has _never_ replaced any info for me, and has _never_ deleted anything for me.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Gave iTunes match a chance 2 years ago. The service was filled with bugs and issues like those, both within iTunes and within iOS.

I didn't renew my subscription, thinking "let's wait until Apple get their **** together before resubscribing". Looks like it's still not time yet.

rqab

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2014
Match has always been buggy & terrible

Match has always been hands down the worst Apple product/service I've ever used. I've had trouble with uploads taking forever if they happen at all, playlists not matching, art and song info getting overridden from previous versions, and downloads not working. Match is TERRIBLE and the thing is they haven't really made any improvements over the past year since I subscribed; it's still the same issues over and over again.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
After a restore to 7.1.1, it took me FOUR days to get my music back on my 5S. I had to babysit it per-album, repeatedly clicking tracks to get the song to download.

Totally unacceptable.

In that same time, I uploaded my entire collection to Google Music.

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
I've been having this problem for several months and I've only been able to upload tracks by deactivating iTunes match and then turning it back on.

iTunes support hasn't been helpful and I've turned off autorenew in quiet protest

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.