Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
hopefully we get os x 10.10 beta 2 today then

It's available as an update now. 1.0 update in App store :)

2gwdtmg.jpg

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
As long as iCloud documents are not compatible with Mavericks, I cannot update my devices. This is from the release notes:
Notes
Upon upgrading to iOS 8 Beta, existing iCloud Documents & Data present (not evicted) on your device are copied into special server-side containers for use during the beta period.
iCloud Documents & Data created with iOS 8 Beta will not sync with with Documents and Data managed with iOS 7, OS X Mavericks, or earlier operating systems.
iCloud Documents & Data in iOS 8 Beta will only sync with devices running iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite Developer Preview.
iCloud Documents & Data managed with iOS 7 or OS X Mavericks will remain unaffected.
iCloud Documents & Data created with iOS 8 Beta will be deleted from the servers at some point during the beta period. Information downloaded and not evicted from the device will remain on device and will re-sync after the data wipe occurs.
The UI for managing iCloud Documents & Data does not show the documents and data for iOS 8 Beta and OS X Yosemite Developer Preview. It only shows the documents and data synced with previous operating systems.

i wonder how they will avoid this during the public beta of Yosemite

ryansimmons323

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
United Kingdom
My question is if or when am I going to get an email invite to the OS X public beta?

I hear some people have already had invites, but that they are staggered and some are getting invites later than others.

I did sign up literally just straight after the keynote so I think I would be within the first million. The way these things are though I wouldn't be too surprised if I didn't get in.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
My question is if or when am I going to get an email invite to the OS X public beta?

I hear some people have already had invites, but that they are staggered and some are getting invites later than others.

I did sign up literally just straight after the keynote so I think I would be within the first million. They way these things are though I wouldn't be too surprised to of not been included.

I thought it said this summer? It is still spring

matt.b.powell

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2014
oh ok, i've done that before and forgotten I went back to the previous OS. lol

Try turning off wifi, checking for update over your carrier.. then back on wifi to download

I edited my post with an image of it searched on LTE as well

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So If we see beta 3 in 2 weeks from now I get to "Ha!" and :p again?
I think if we see a couple or more new betas that are every other Tuesday--wed need at least about 3 data points to spot a pattern--then, yeah, that can be called a pattern.

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
Don't flame me. Just curious. Are there others who would like mouse/trackpad compatibility in iOS when, for example, using the iPad with in a dock and typing on a keyboard? Maybe I'm the only one.

Yes - my ipad is jailbroken and you can use a mouse/touchpad. I have to say it really is useful combined with a keyboard.

It would be great to see it on stock someday :rolleyes:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Well I'll be damned - our 'source' had the build number right!:

"It's ready so look for it June 17th.

12A4297
Issues Fixed

AirDrop
- Improved AirDrop between OSX and iOS
- Fixed a problem where AirDrops would be declined unexpectedly

Much Much More"
Well, the build number is almost exactly right (minus the 'e'), but the issues/release notes don't seem to match up--in fact most of the stuff mentioned doesn't seem to appear in the actual release notes.
I'd say the fact he got the numbers right is the important part.
On the other hand, the supposed release notes don't seem to match up at all and most of the stuff doesn't appear in the real ones. So there's still a disconnect somewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.