Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple.club.tw shares an image of what appears to be models of the next generation iPhone, iPad Mini, and iPad Air.

ipad6-800x510.jpg

The iPhone 6 models have already been covered extensively, while we got the first glimpse of the purported iPad Air 2 just last week. The iPad Air 2 model was shown to depict Touch ID, changed speaker grille, and recessed volume buttons.

The new image doesn't reveal any more details except the depiction of Touch ID on the new iPad mini. This year's iPads have been widely expected to gain Touch ID capabilities. Apple first introduced the Touch ID fingerprint scanning system with the iPhone 5S, and will be extending it to allow Apps to begin using it with iOS 8.

Article Link: Next Generation iPad Mini Depicted with Touch ID

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I am looking to buy the next retina iPad Mini this year and so long as it has the Touch ID feature, I will be most pleased. This way my iPhone 5s authentication method will match with the new iPad.

As it currently is, the most recent retina iPad Mini I have is secured with a passcode and it took a short while to get used to putting that in when switching between devices.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
i love the iphone bezels...even the bot bezel is ok

----------

i mean they reduce the space between home button and screen and also the space between home button and bottom frame of the iphone

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I already have the iPad Air.... Don't see myself upgrading for the Touch ID feature.. I'll skip this year.

Now, if they decide to upgrade the ram w/ specific iOS features for the iPad Air 2 such as multitasking.. then I'll consider it.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
I know I'm repeating what others have said, but it looks fake. Especially the iPhone, which looks like either a leather case or molded plastic. :confused:

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Breaking news! Hang on, nope, no it isn't. It's inevitable that Touch ID is coming to future products.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
I already have the iPad Air.... Don't see myself upgrading for the Touch ID feature.. I'll skip this year.

Now, if they decide to upgrade the ram w/ specific iOS features for the iPad Air 2 such as multitasking.. then I'll consider it.

i think they will have 2 Gb ram OR cpu quad core
and with redesign volume buttons and probably in-cell display so 7.2mm thick

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
When this new iPad mini is released will Apple continue to sell the current retina iPad mini along side the new one? And at what price point?

Also I hope apple discontinues the original iPad mini, A5 is dated. And then apple will only be selling retina devices

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
the iphone looks as if it's made of leather

That's the new iPhone 5s case that covers the screen. These come in real handy so you don't scratch that soft Gorilla Glass.

----------

Why does MR post such stupid content btw???

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
There better be 2GB of RAM on it or more... The lack of RAM is literally the only complaint that I have with my iPad.

Same. But I think part of it is iOS choking. Safari is the worst. I kept trying to show my wife this project on Indiegogo today and it kept crashing over and over. Certain websites are worse than others. More ram and better memory management is all I really want in my next iPad. Pressure sensitivity would be nice but my Adobe Ink and Slide will arrive on Tuesday so yeah—just feed me ram! I would upgrade just for that. It's so annoying that it's amazingly fast yet hampered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.