Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brhume

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2014
Sorry to unearth this old thing. :cool:

I had totally forgotten about it on my rMini, but because of a colleague I did some tests again to reproduce it.

Is it me, or it was more difficult to reproduce and less present than when the device was brand new ?
Or maybe because the rMini was "warm" as I was using it for more than an our when I searched for IR ?

This will be surprising but ... Just technical curiosity...

Charliebird

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Sorry to unearth this old thing. :cool:

I had totally forgotten about it on my rMini, but because of a colleague I did some tests again to reproduce it.

Is it me, or it was more difficult to reproduce and less present than when the device was brand new ?
Or maybe because the rMini was "warm" as I was using it for more than an our when I searched for IR ?

This will be surprising but ... Just technical curiosity...

Maybe your eyes are getting worst. :) Honestly I don't even want to test it on my rMini. Ignorance is bliss!

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
I have a similar problem with my rMini:

If I crank the brightness to max, put on some Steppenwolf at max volume (bluetooth speaker with some oomph can help) and stare at the IR test screen for five hours straight: I swear I can see the Android robot....

It's spooky, and Apple should be ashamed of it's quality control.

Don't believe me? Bah! You Apple apologists and fanboys are the LAMEST.

Try it. When he starts talking to you it gets even FREAKIER.

Don't say I didn't warn you. Back to my bon... errr.... work. Ya... work

:eek:

brhume

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2014
I have a similar problem with my rMini:

If I crank the brightness to max, put on some Steppenwolf at max volume (bluetooth speaker with some oomph can help) and stare at the IR test screen for five hours straight: I swear I can see the Android robot....

It's spooky, and Apple should be ashamed of it's quality control.

Don't believe me? Bah! You Apple apologists and fanboys are the LAMEST.

Try it. When he starts talking to you it gets even FREAKIER.

Don't say I didn't warn you. Back to my bon... errr.... work. Ya... work

:eek:

:D. Ok. Huuuuum. Guess should never asked. Stupid topic. Forget it. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.