Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Just curious who collects Legos here, either for their kids or themselves :)

I loved Legos as a kid, my bedroom closet at my parents house is still full of them, most with their original boxes.

My son is four months old, but I am already getting him started. :)

are3ugyt.jpg

4ezujaha.jpg

mu2u4uta.jpg

3utyhy3y.jpg

Reactions: estabya

dubels

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2006
love legos. The Lego Movie got me sucked back in. Currently building the Simpsons House and have the Ecto-1 waiting. I will post up pictures later. But if you are looking for deals on Legos head over to Brickpicker. Saved me so much money already. Also B&N has Kid Club coupons for 30% off lego sets.

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
We do love LEGOS. Congratulations on your kid. Be mindful that the pieces are too small for small kids. My 3 year old boy put one small piece inside his ear. Required anesthesia and surgery like hospital attention. And the 2 year old put one inside her nose. Be extremely careful as this things do happen and could be fatal. For whatever reason they like removing the hands of the Lego figures. Get them DUPLOS instead and fully supervise the play with LEGOS.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
I loved legos when I was a kid, and as I've grown up, they've been retired to a box in a cabinet only to reappear when I want to fix something, like shelves, the refrigerator, or my electric razor's charging base…

YZmCATv.jpg

Oddly, this is my second shaving-related post today. :eek:

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
We do love LEGOS. Congratulations on your kid. Be mindful that the pieces are too small for small kids. My 3 year old boy put one small piece inside his ear. Required anesthesia and surgery like hospital attention. And the 2 year old put one inside her nose. Be extremely careful as this things do happen and could be fatal. For whatever reason they like removing the hands of the Lego figures. Get them DUPLOS instead and fully supervise the play with LEGOS.

Thank you!

He will start out with Duplo. I only mention him as an excuse to buy Legos again at thirty years old. ;)

I'm glad your kids are ok. :)

----------

love legos. The Lego Movie got me sucked back in. Currently building the Simpsons House and have the Ecto-1 waiting. I will post up pictures later. But if you are looking for deals on Legos head over to Brickpicker. Saved me so much money already. Also B&N has Kid Club coupons for 30% off lego sets.

Thanks for the tips.

I really want the Ecto-1. Aside from Legos I was really into Ghostbusters as a kid.

You can support the next GB set here:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/60632

Rossatron

macrumors 6502a
not anymore. i have this feeling that the new kits (for the past 10 years, at least) went through a process of "dumb-down". i remember the kits they had when i was a kid - giant castles, tons of parts and what not. the new kits are not even close to that (with the exception of the technical stuff).

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
not anymore. i have this feeling that the new kits (for the past 10 years, at least) went through a process of "dumb-down". i remember the kits they had when i was a kid - giant castles, tons of parts and what not. the new kits are not even close to that (with the exception of the technical stuff).

I can see that. I still have quite a few sets from the early 90s and I remember them being a lot more complicated, which I enjoyed. However, it could just be that we have gotten smarter. ;)

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
So I just looked up a set on the Toys R Us website. It was $5 cheaper at shop.lego.com and $10 cheaper at Target. Luckily Toys R Us price matches, so I can still get my reward points. :)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I absolutely loved Lego as a kid, played with it an awful lot, and got huge fun and pleasure from it. In those days, you simply bought many boxes of generic pieces (or persuaded your parents to buy it for you) which you used and re-cycled endlessly depending on what you wished to construct.

Hardly any of the pieces were limited in use, and could be used for a multitude of things, limited only by your imagination; moreover, the idea that you simply constructed what was pictured on the box - or, were supposed to be limited to that - was completely alien to us.

Nevertheless, a great toy - and one, which as the time, was seen as gender neutral, so my brother played with it, too, as did male and female friends of mine. My parents thought it a positive, healthy, constructive toy, and so were completely open to the idea of supplying more as needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bodhitree

catfish743

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Kentucky
I've LOVED Legos since I was a kid. I still get one every christmas and put them together. Most recently I've assembled R2-D2 and the London Bridge. I'll have to take pictures when I get home!

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Lego

I do! I like Legos! I've been building with technic lately. Purchased the limited edition crawler, and the unimog when they came out. I love the power functions and pneumatics. Been loving Legos since I was a little kid. Spent several hundred dollars on them. I'm 15 btw.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008

Also have this somewhere, but I can't find it. :confused:

Also have some other things like random helicopters, houses, etc. When I was little, I so damn loved LEGOs!

On an unrelated note, is that the Steve Jobs biography next to the extremely awesome looking Vader?

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Lego

Just finished, but the lighting in my apartment isn't great. I will post some finished pictures tomorrow.

vere8yse.jpg

chaosbunny

macrumors 68020
Some quick iPhone photos of what I have on my desk for decoration. Yes, I'm a nerd and proud of it! :)

The Orthanc is the most recent addition, I got it from my girlfriend for my birthday. Took us the better part of a sunday to build.

Attachments

• IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_1071.jpg
    IMG_1071.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_1074.jpg
    IMG_1074.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 353
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.