Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.
why everyone talk about chronic, i was in their website i checked their prices , chronic service are expensive comparing to other, they force buyer to pay the service + the name.

Because they give you a refund without asking when they can't unlock your phone. Like in my case, did the slow regular unlock for iPhone 5S. They couldn't do it so I got a refund without question.

comncense

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
Orlando, FL
Because they give you a refund without asking when they can't unlock your phone. Like in my case, did the slow regular unlock for iPhone 5S. They couldn't do it so I got a refund without question.

How long did it take them before they let you know they weren't able to unlock your phone Enigmafan?

Dan198

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
very bad experience with officialiphoneunlock.co.uk

Save your money and DON'T USE THIS SERVICE!!!

After waiting for more then a year (Nov. 2012 - Dec. 2013) and paying at that time about 170 £ the unlock support team changed my status to "09 Dec 2013 10:46:39 - Your handset is barred/blacklisted, as per our terms and conditions we cannot refund you." which is absolutely not true because I got this Iphone 4 (locked at Softbank Japan) from my father. You can check this here
IMEI 012754009460153 -- > http://iunlocker.net/check_blacklist.php (Select Softbank Japan).

Because they changed my status to "blacklisted" without any proof (!!!!) they also keep my money and will not pay any refund!!!

After ignoring my support enquiries for month I finally had to made a report to the police.

Everybodey out there please DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!!!!

PS.: Don't trust the http://trustedreviews.eu/ rating system. I wrote this review but the only one who could see this was me. When I changed to another computer my review was blocked by the http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/ website and showed only the 4-5 Star rated (some few 3 Star rated) reviews!!!

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
I think the above is a good reason why people recommend Chronic.
He has been around a long time,you know you can get hold of him and he has a good reputation. Others maybe cheaper but if they don't come up with the goods and don't refund who is more expensive?

dipmonk

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2014
LA
About 12 days.

I found someone that did it TODAY, in 8 hours. Can't advertise here but PM me for more info.

Thanks for the offer Enigmafan420, I'm stuck in Europe with an iphone that I thought I'd unlocked (but apparently failed at) and a Linux computer... have been trying to unlock it for the past six hours, have come to the conclusion that I need help!

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.
Your iPhone 5S was unlocked within 8 hours, wasn't it? And is it in or out of contract device?

It IS a 5S, was unlocked in about 8 hours and was technically in contract (I am buying it AT&T next plan).

Again, happy to share my source. PM me if you want it.

----------

Thanks for the offer Enigmafan420, I'm stuck in Europe with an iphone that I thought I'd unlocked (but apparently failed at) and a Linux computer... have been trying to unlock it for the past six hours, have come to the conclusion that I need help!

PM me for unlocker info.

kjosev

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2014
hey i`m new and i buy iphone 5s from usa and i`m from macedonia and 5s is locked on sprint can some tell me if unlock ....

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.
hey i`m new and i buy iphone 5s from usa and i`m from macedonia and 5s is locked on sprint can some tell me if unlock ....

It's my understanding that Sprint phones are not SIM locked outside the USA. They are only GSM locked.

----------

In contract 5S, hm, sounds good! Sorry, but can you, please, PM me your source by yourself? I guess, I'm not able to send PM yet.

I can't seem to PM you either. I will post here and hope it's not deleted. I am not in anyway associated with this company:

http://www.slimyoursim.com

Hope this helps.

mr.asker

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2010
I can't seem to PM you either.
Right.) Thank you very much for the info! If you want you can delete it now. This site is new and not one year old.

kjosev, try chronicunlocks.com It seems to be the only source that can unlock Sprint iPhones.

kjosev

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2014
kjosev, try chronicunlocks.com It seems to be the only source that can unlock Sprint iPhones.[/QUOTE]

its very expensiv for that price i will buy 5-rsim air2 ....

and the phone i buy was activated and i was update to 7.1.1 and not reset when the phone turn on in setings in carrier i see T-mobile mk (macedonia)
i put my sim card on tmobile the phone not work...
and i was restart all phone and now i stuck on activation screen :(

gonosz

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2014
ideviceguys became more expensive in the past weeks, can you guys reccommend me an another relaible, but cheaper source for Iphone 5S?

ejrosen

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2014
Avoid myimeiunlock.com

I purchase an unlock for my iPhone 5c 3 weeks ago. After about 1 week with no emails from them about it being unlocked or them not being able to unlock it, I tried to contact them. After days of waiting they told me it could take 5-10 days to complete. It has now been 3 weeks and I have sent numerous emails and messages. They have not responded to anything in 2 weeks, and the worst part is I have already paid via paypal. I would avoid myimeiunlock.com at all costs!!!!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a (fast) unlock service for an iPhone 5c (ATT). I am already in a foreign country and would like it to be able to be used here ASAP.

Thanks!

unlockdaddy

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2014
Burnley
I purchase an unlock for my iPhone 5c 3 weeks ago. After about 1 week with no emails from them about it being unlocked or them not being able to unlock it, I tried to contact them. After days of waiting they told me it could take 5-10 days to complete. It has now been 3 weeks and I have sent numerous emails and messages. They have not responded to anything in 2 weeks, and the worst part is I have already paid via paypal. I would avoid myimeiunlock.com at all costs!!!!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a (fast) unlock service for an iPhone 5c (ATT). I am already in a foreign country and would like it to be able to be used here ASAP.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about that. the website which you are quoting is famous scam site. Well, if your iPhone IMEI is clean, it will not take more than 3-5 days to unlock at very cheap price less than $50.

----------

Save your money and DON'T USE THIS SERVICE!!!

After waiting for more then a year (Nov. 2012 - Dec. 2013) and paying at that time about 170 £ the unlock support team changed my status to "09 Dec 2013 10:46:39 - Your handset is barred/blacklisted, as per our terms and conditions we cannot refund you." which is absolutely not true because I got this Iphone 4 (locked at Softbank Japan) from my father. You can check this here
IMEI 012754009460153 -- > http://iunlocker.net/check_blacklist.php (Select Softbank Japan).

Because they changed my status to "blacklisted" without any proof (!!!!) they also keep my money and will not pay any refund!!!

After ignoring my support enquiries for month I finally had to made a report to the police.

Everybodey out there please DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!!!!

PS.: Don't trust the http://trustedreviews.eu/ rating system. I wrote this review but the only one who could see this was me. When I changed to another computer my review was blocked by the http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/ website and showed only the 4-5 Star rated (some few 3 Star rated) reviews!!!

its appreciated that you raised this concern, share this thread link to the admin of this website. I don't know much but they charge very high for unlocks, just knew what they are offering. :p

Scolph

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2014
I ordered an express unlock from chronic on the 12th of June. 1-2 day turn around time with a possible 1-3 day delay. It's been 12 days. I don't know what's up right now but i'm still locked and i haven't gotten responses since i payed. I'm getting really frustrated. Any ideas why confucious?

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
Only just seen this. DMd chronic and he replied

hey I'll check thread tonight but if you see this DM please have them email me will@chronicunlocks.com with [PRIORITY] in subject

some mail servers have been blocking our "Unlock Complete" emails lately because they think it is spam.

driving me insane, makes sense (mass message with almost identical text), but still. seeking a solution but yeah, maybe the case here.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
Wow. Thanks confucious. I'll email him now. I'll tell you how it goes.

I have never met chronic or used his services but have known him online for a few years. Nothing I have seen or heard about him gives me cause for concern. He has always seemed honest and genuine.

I don't know any of the other unlockers and, while some may be genuine, there are a lot of scammers.

Let me know how you get on.

sunshine45

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2014
bought a iPhone 5 locked to AT&T, help!

Hi Everyone -

Sorry if my post is redundant. I'm new to this site.

I recently bought a iPhone 5 from Bestbuy that is locked to AT&T. I didn't activate AT&T service at the time of my purchase because I'm looking to factory unlock the phone so that I can use it with T-mobile (USA) and internationally, as well. I have two questions:

1. Do I have to activate the phone with AT&T before unlocking it?

2. Any reliable websites for FACTORY unlocking (not jailbreaking)?

Thanks so much!!!:apple:

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa
If I have an order for "1-5 day service" and my supplier hasn't updated me by the 5th day, I definitely go ahead and spend the expensive .10 to check the lock status (Being that it's a 5s/5c) myself. If it's not done, I'll refund it immediately. 12 days for a 1-5 day service, are you kidding me?

Funny how he claims he doesn't offer the "cheap" unlocks because he's not processing the orders like others. Look Here

Yeah, Right.

ALL AT&T iPhone unlocks are being processed the same way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.