Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
The mods banned the OP for trying to peddle this piece of junk. Go back and read all his posts. He/she was just a scammer.

Last edited:

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
What a shame. This is obviously no way to do any kind of business. It's
Appalling really. I'm afraid that reviews can't comment on customer service and the works unless the reviewer was an actual customer
Or simply a sham. I expected more, a good brand name ruined by poor management.

Adam490

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2012
DO NOT buy this garbage

Well after almost 3 months, I finally got my "case". I just started blasting them on their FB page any time they made a new post, and finally I received a message with a number to call so they could "look into it". No one answered the number provided, and at 5:30pm that same day I received a call from a blocked number. I sent the call to voicemail and when I checked it, it was Casemachine telling me they had shipped my case.

PLEASE do NOT buy this crap. I have a $4.99 case for my iPad that I got off eBay that is of higher quality than this. It's literally some super soft rubber with two flimsy aluminum "sides". One of the sides looks like it's about to fall off, and the case fits so poorly I'm afraid the phone will fall out of it when pulled from my pocket. The "backplate" is literally a sticker. As mentioned previously, a mod should really update the name of this thread so others are not duped into buying anything from these people. The case on my fiance's iPhone 5 is nicer, and we bought it from Wal-Mart for $8.99 just so it wouldn't get beat up in her purse....

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Has anyone received a Casemachine Sesto case? I would like to see a real picture of the real case.

Gonz19

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
Has anyone received a Casemachine Sesto case? I would like to see a real picture of the real case.

Check YouTube. Someone has done a review. I found one on eBay and hope to have it in a few days and I will post some pics.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I have a Slimline and a Sesto with a silver back. I have to say that Casemachine made a good design decision in using Polycarbonate instead of Urathane or Silicone ( although the Slimline V2 still uses Silicone). They say that the bezel is anodized, I think they made it electroplate. It is a chrome or nickel finish. The finish on the bezel and the back are extremely high quality and I really like this case. It is pricey but if you can afford it and want a case befitting the quality and finish of the iPhone this is it.

As to the customer service issues, I think it's good and doesn't deserve the bad rap it's been getting. They at times bend over backwards including providing free cases or parts to take care of dissatisfied customers. I think the biggest issue people have had is very, very long delivery times. They have shown shipping dates that are far in the future but they haven't held to those dates. I assume it's due to higher than expected order volume. It makes customers feel abandoned. Since the cheap feeling first Slimline I feel the quality, with the use of polycarbonate, has gone up dramatically and it's worth the wait. I recommend you check out Larry Greenberg's youtube review. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAwLRe7Hh7o

SaMaster14

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
My Sesto case just came in!

I ordered the phone at the end of February, and it just got here now. I pre-ordered, and the case was originally supposed to ship by the 31st of March. Regardless, the customer service was excellent. Even though I had to wait quite a long time for the case, I got super quick responses to emails, and the case was shipped as soon as they had one available.

The workmanship is top notch, it is a limited edition, and on the back (as the pictures show) the carbon fiber is REAL. Definitely worth the premium price of $104 with shipping/handling.

before posting pictures of the case, I would like to post a picture of something interesting on the box! Not sure if the company is just guessing... but it says "Sesto" "For iPhone5/5S"

I thought that was quite interesting!

But... without further adieu, here are pictures of the packaging and the case on my white iPhone5!!

---

sweigner

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2008
Pottstown
Bought the I5 Slimline case for my Phone. The case Sucks out loud. Very cheap in feel and look. contacted casemachine with 5 min of opening the box asking for a refund this was back in the beginning of May.

Sent the case FedEx A.so I had a signature that they received it. B.because I wanted it out of my hands as fast as possible. Needless to say, I'm STILL waiting for my refund, their customer service is HORRIBLE in getting back to you with resolution.

IF your serious about wanting this case from casemachine, make sure to investigate it and read the reviews on the case and the company before buying...:mad::mad::mad:

Dascoyne

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2013
Palo Alto, Ca
My Sesto case just came in!

I ordered the phone at the end of February, and it just got here now. I pre-ordered, and the case was originally supposed to ship by the 31st of March. Regardless, the customer service was excellent. Even though I had to wait quite a long time for the case, I got super quick responses to emails, and the case was shipped as soon as they had one available.

The workmanship is top notch, it is a limited edition, and on the back (as the pictures show) the carbon fiber is REAL. Definitely worth the premium price of $104 with shipping/handling.

before posting pictures of the case, I would like to post a picture of something interesting on the box! Not sure if the company is just guessing... but it says "Sesto" "For iPhone5/5S"

[url=htt://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/SaMaster14/iPhone%20Cases/IMG_2776.jpg]Image[/URL]

I thought that was quite interesting!

But... without further adieu, here are pictures of the packaging and the case on my white iPhone5!!

[url=htt://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/SaMaster14/iPhone%20Cases/IMG_2775.jpg]Image[/URL]

---

[url=htt://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/SaMaster14/iPhone%20Cases/423c06c4-128b-4674-b396-52a1e1378dec.jpg]Image

Hate to say this but it really looks awful. It's like one of those designs that looks amazing as an design illustration but IRL looks ridiculous. Get your money back... please.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Hate to say this but it really looks awful. It's like one of those designs that looks amazing as an design illustration but IRL looks ridiculous. Get your money back... please.

Excuse me but this case is beautiful in real life. When I show friends, who are designers, they say WOW in a good way, without exception. It all goes to show that there is never 100% agreement on what looks good, but i'll always trust design professionals over someone I don't know.

Don't recommend refunds based on taste and aesthetics.

iGina

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Please read before buying!

I just made an account because I had to tell my experience. About mid March I found the ad for Casemachine so I went to check it out. Like a dummy I didn't do research prior to ordering 2 cases, the i5 slimline and the Forza. The very same evening that I ordered I sent an email to have my order cancelled immediately. I sent 3 more emails that weekend and when I hadn't heard from them by Monday afternoon I emailed them once last time and threatened action from the bank.

So on Tuesday I went to the bank to file a complaint and my bank gave me a provsional credit pending action from them. Tuesday night they finally responded and was so apologetic but they would refund my money. 10 days later I got a check for the $137.00 I paid them. Get this, come home today and I find a box from UPS and it was From Casemachine. They sent me the i5 slimline (Not the slimline Pro). I took this pic with my ipad so I apologize for the quality. All I can tell you is that I've seen better quality iphone cases at Five Below.

I don't know whether to keep it or send it back. It really is that bad!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 185

coachingguy

macrumors 6502a
Glad I checked!

Came across the Casemachine website the other night and thought their cases looked amazing. Was getting ready to order an iPhone 5 case and decided to see what people had to say... Well after reading this thread, and then checking out the BBB site, needless to say I'll not be placing an order.

BBB has given them an "F". I've never seen an "F" from them before... :eek:

http://www.bbb.org/south-east-flori...ternet/casemachine-in-miami-lakes-fl-90073663

Coachingguy

diablo2112

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2010
Forgive my resurrection of this thread. Wanted to add my experience with Casemachine so others don't get suckered into this company.

I order an iPhone 5 case in late September from the website, a case that was listed as "in stock" (BTW, the case was expensive - $140). They charged my credit card immediately. The case was a wedding gift, and I had 3 weeks to receive the product to make my deadline.

After a week, the order kept showing "in process". After another 7 days, I wrote them explaining the need to have shipment prior to the wedding. A week later, they wrote back saying basically, "we're sorry for the delay, have a free slimline case...". I wrote back saying I no longer needed the case, the wedding had passed and I bought another gift, please refund my account. They never responded. I wrote again last week, saying if they didn't refund my account, I was going to initiate a charge dispute with my bank. Nada from Casemachine. No response.

As I said I would, I just finished a card dispute with my bank this week, and just today received a charge-back and refund issued from my credit union.

I will never again conduct business with this company. They don't answer the phone or voice mails, and the single e-mail reply I had was non responsive. The website misrepresents product status ("in stock"), and they charge you immediately upon ordering even though product is not in stock nor shipped. You've been warned.

edwarddilla

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2014
Casemachine did what was right in the end.

Man all of you guys need to calm down. These guys must be working their b***s off for making cases with those designs and they deserve a lil appreciation from them. i got contacted by Cam. He didn't just made sure the case is shipped to my address, he even said I'm getting a gift card with it for a future purchase. I hope the case is as per my expectations now that the customer support has lifted my spirit back up.

Last edited:

Dascoyne

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2013
Palo Alto, Ca
Man all of you guys need to calm down. These guys must be working their b***s off for making cases with those designs and they deserve a lil appreciation from them. i got contacted by Cam. He didn't just made sure the case is shipped to my address, he even said I'm getting a gift card with it for a future purchase. I hope the case is as per my expectations now that the customer support has lifted my spirit back up.
Instead of attempting damage control by posting from a new account, why don't you take the time to please just one unsatisfied customer (preferably one that has more than 2 posts) and ask them to endorse your product?

Last edited:

kaimaikid

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2014
Maybe the cheaper Chinese knock offs at aliexpress may be a better way of going - least that way you will get your case within normally 30 days and who knows - they may have perfected it?

:rolleyes:

bigjim83

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
Maybe the cheaper Chinese knock offs at aliexpress may be a better way of going - least that way you will get your case within normally 30 days and who knows - they may have perfected it?

:rolleyes:

Sir you brought back a thread from January....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.