Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today debuted a new iPhone 5s TV ad called "Parenthood", focusing on various iOS apps and products for parents.

The ad features "Life of Dreams" by singer-songwriter Julie Doiron and showcases apps such as My Teeth, Drawnimal, Pet Manager Pro, and Kinsa. Devices shown off in the ad include the Withings Withbaby baby monitor, Kinsa's smart thermometer, and the Parrot Flower Power.

The ad ends with the "You're more powerful than you think" tagline, which was initially featured in Apple's first "Powerful" ad in April and in its "Strength" ad earlier this month.

Article Link: Apple Debuts New iPhone 5s TV Ad 'Parenthood'

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Very touching. I wish it was more obvious where to find the list of apps from the ad.

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
Is the purpose of this ad to convince people with children to buy iPhones?

Or is the purpose to convince iPhone owners to have children?

for it was the 2nd option

Last edited:

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
If there's one complaint I have against this ad, it's the number of times an iPhone almost came in contact with water! If I didn't know any better, I'd think the iPhone was waterproof.

Last edited:

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
I know this doesn't have too much to do with the ad but Don't give your babies phones as a means to keep them entertained I've seen it before and it really makes them anti social and you have to buy a new phone every month when they break it.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
"See, kids, no hexacore Firefly Snapdragons under the bed. Now go to sleep."

fbM0X6D.png

That music? Um....no comment.

No, you literally just commented. You got #7, in fact. :p

Last edited:

Marc-SP

Oct 7, 2013
If there's one complaint I have against this ad, it's the number of times an iPhone almost came in contact in water! If I didn't know any better, I'd think the iPhone was waterproof.

Now that you mention it.... Maybe it is a hint to iPhone 6... that will finally catch up with Samsung and Sony :D

Nice AD, by the way, although makes me tired just seeing it. No rest when you have children!! :)

iChrist

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2011
3 countries for tax benefit
Looks lovely, too bad that's not the way parents really use their iPhone.

Realistic iPhone commercial:
- Kid wants to tell parent something, parent's face buried in iPhone looking at email
- Kid is unattended while parent plays Candy Crush, kid breaks something, parent blames and yells at kid (after finishing Candy Crush round)
- Kid keeps talking in the car, parent puts something on phone and tells the kid to "here, be quiet and play with this"
- Kid buys $1000 in In-App purchases. Parent blames Apple.

Apple, changing the world!

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

Last edited:

Fanaticalism

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2013
That music? Um....no comment.

Like the last commercial, very good... but the music killed it, like the last commercial. :/

----------

Looks lovely, too bad that's not the way parents really use their iPhone.

Realistic iPhone commercial:
- Kid wants to tell parent something, parent's face buried in iPhone looking at email
- Kid is unattended while parent plays Candy Crush, kid breaks something, parent blames and yells at kid (after finishing Candy Crush round)
- Kid keeps talking in the car, parent puts something on phone and tells the kid to "here, be quiet and play with this"
- Kid buys $1000 in In-App purchases. Parent blames Apple.

Apple, changing the world!
:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

LMAO! Sad part is, this is very true. :p

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
Love it, love it!!! Apples ads really do make me feel proud and blessed to have the opportunity to own and use such amazing products every day of my life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.