Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
United States
So what have you recently watched? It can be anything; a Youtube video, Movie, TV Show, etc. Let's keep this clean and appropriate though. If you are to post any videos, please limit them to two.

To start off, I got to see Pacific Rim again today after a long period of time. I had forgotten how cool and fun this movie was (just like this fan artwork). :)

vintage_pacific_rim_posters_1.jpg

Last edited:

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Malcolm-temporada-1.jpg

I've been rewatching a show that served as a backdrop for much of my childhood. I've become infatuated with TMBG over the past decade, so it's really cool hearing their work (especially unreleased songs from TMBG Unlimited) in the score.

Also, for any Breaking Bad fans, it's vaguely funny how much Frankie Muniz looks like Aaron Paul as an adult.

7r50bKB.png

Last edited:

dsh3

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2012
Denmark
Watched season 1 of Silicon Valley, it's not too bad actually. :)

20140405_USP003_0.jpg

Last edited:

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
United States
First episode of Falling Skies new season. I love this show!
I've been wanting to catch that show sometime.. it seems like a great show!

Btw, I've been watching Top Gear (U.K.) lately and have managed to make my across every season up to number 8. I'm currently on episode 4 right now. This show is superb!

top-gear.jpeg

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
I've been wanting to catch that show sometime.. it seems like a great show!

Btw, I've been watching Top Gear (U.K.) lately and have managed to make my across every season up to number 8. I'm currently on episode 4 right now. This show is superb!

I also watched the first episode of new series The Last Ship. Although unrealistic in a lot of ways, I still found it very entertaining.

Never saw the UK version of Top Gear.

Last edited:

BlakeBrattina

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2011
Bay City, MI
Between the not-so-sublte allusion to Jobs and having Mike Judge for a creator, I miiiight just have to give this show a try. :D

I actually found the show rather funny, may as well try it out.

Love the British Top Gear episodes, on nearly every night here.

I'm about to dive into "Tyrant" tonight from the DVR last night.

BeamWalker

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2009
+1 for Top Gear UK, especially Season 6-11 and the specials of the newer seasons are worth watching.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer.jpg

I had to watch this before reapplying for my official nerding license; how I ever got through the test before is a mystery to me. Anyway, I'm about 7 episodes in, and so far Willow and Giles are my favorite characters while Xander just bugs me.

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
United States
20140606082910!Transformers_Age_of_Extinction_Poster.jpeg

Saw the new Transformers today.. I really had my expectations set pretty low for this one as the last three really in all honesty were horrible. This one however wasn't too bad.. it wasn't overall flashy, had some cool cars in it (like the Bugati Veyron and the new Camaro). It also had a bit better story and the humor in it was adequate and not completely overblown with the crude stuff like in the trilogy. I must say I was a bit impressed with the cinematography as well. It wasn't "shaky cam", which I recall the 2nd Transformers having the most and that gave me a headache.

Overall rating: 3/5. It's not a movie of the year, just a summer blockbuster doing what it does best. Guns, Explosions, Cars, and Robots!

adn rcd dly

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
On Netflix streaming. Classic movie. I never get tired of the "Oh I'll just tap a few keys and turn this pixelated mess of an image into crisp and clear text" type movies.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 2.54.55.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 2.54.55.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 248

Pilon

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2013
Oxfordshire

I had to watch this before reapplying for my official nerding license; how I ever got through the test before is a mystery to me. Anyway, I'm about 7 episodes in, and so far Willow and Giles are my favorite characters while Xander just bugs me.

I'm watching this again too, Last 3 episodes of the final season to go. It's even better now than when I first watched it. I'll second the Willow vote ;)

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
An ad for some alcoholic beverage featuring the fantastic Stephen Merchant:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.