Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2001
Many of us have noticed some new settings here at MacRumors.

For starters, anyone who goes by the shortened name for 'Richard,' is now formally known as ****.

Also, anyone who discusses running OS9 in OSX must refer to it as 'MacCl***ic."

-And if you are wanting to tell anyone about the neat trick your dog, the ****zu can do, you can just forget it.

And pretty soon, five letter words such as Bitch will probably be gone as well.

Just an FYI. We dont want to offend the kiddies who could frequent the site and read such horrid language. Let them just watch daytime TV instead. I understand wanting to get rid of the word fuuck, but if you cant even type the word cl***, or m***, or br***, or b***, or l***, or p***, or s***, or any of the subsidiaried words thereof --such as: m***ive, or cl***ic, then it is getting pretty damn dr***tic.

Catfish_Man

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2001
Portland, OR
Idea

Everbody swear in foreign languages from know on. <the catfish_man decides to do some research in German cl*** today>

dammit, I forgot I can't write c l a s s in this forum anymore.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
List of "acceptable" flames:

Smeg Head
Colon Brain (see also colon-craniectomy)
Tessilating sphincter
single-helix
poop
scrotum
testicle
eunuch
BM
Simian
Technophobe
Xenophile
oedipal
Electral
skid mark
phallus
squidge
schmutz
putz
phlegm
idjut

zuffen

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2001
What on Earth

I think sensor ship has a place but not here. If the offensive langauge has or is a problem, please address in the open forum and request a cease to the activity.

I as an adult feel that this is the first step and censorship is the last step.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re Censorship

Must be a slow day... eh?

I apoligize for the 'ass' censorship... :) It seems vBulletin goes a bit far with it...

however, the other words will remain censored... and please don't try to get around the censors... repeat offenders will be banned. I allowed a fair amount of freedom, but there's been too many posts that people have been complaining about (with good reason)...

Talk about Macs, computers, you trip to the zoo... enjoy it... there's no reason why you need to call people ****head....

arn

ebound

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2001
EGV, IL
I agree about the ass censorship. It isn't even a four-letter word.

But, still, calling someone ****face isn't really nice, is it?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.