Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
Excited.
I'm willing to spend $1,000+ on the iWatch.
Would still be my less expensive timepiece.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Anyone else like the mock up that looks like a real watch better?
Balogh-iwatch.jpg

Last edited:

MacSince1990

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009
I'll spend up to $500 on the iWatch. I mean, I spent $250 on a Pebble Steel and it can barely tell the time without freaking out/disconnecting.

Glad to see you base relatively expensive purchases on previous, relatively expensive purchases that were pretty pointless >_>

----------

Excited.
I'm willing to spend $1,000+ on the iWatch.
Would still be my less expensive timepiece.

Neat! Tell us more about how much you spend on watches! We're fascinated.

attachment.php

There's really no excuse for wearing an expensive watch anymore (everything tells time these days) except for overcompensating.

Last edited:

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
When it comes out at 1.6inches, will Samsung do a 2inch, then a 2.2 inch, then a 2.4 inch, then a 2.5 inch until everyone on these forums moans the can no longer work effectively on their 1.6 inch watch screen they can't see everything they need to do and Apple needs to release a bigger watch?

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Or not. I don't think we've seen any real parts yet, except maybe the screen. And that's a maybe.

really? We have seen the entire outside and some inside parts. I am sure they are 100% accurate, as they were for the iphone 5s and the iphone 5 before it.

2bikes

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
Everyone assumes that iWatch will run an UI that is similar to iOS. I think that is unlikely. The iOS UI was optimized for a smartphone. Yes, it is used in iPad, but it frankly isn't great there and it is used mainly to make the transition from your phone easier. And to allow Apps to cross sell easier.

But this watch's screen is going to be so small, I think the UI has to change.

Doesn't AppleTV use a variation of iOS with a completely different UI?

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Well it doesn't make sense to have a smart watch when you will still need a phone in your pocket for functionality . What a waste of money if you asked me except for the loyalists . :)

This. Hey Apple! Give it it's own SIM card with the SAME PHONE NUMBER as the owners iPhone, exclusively on ATT, and keep them constantly synced, so either can be used alone without need of the other, and both of your companies will make many billions. Sheesh they should hire me to figure this stuff out for them.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Glad to see you base relatively expensive purchases on previous, relatively expensive purchases that were pretty pointless >_>

----------

There's really no excuse for wearing an expensive watch anymore (everything tells time these days) except for compensating for a small penis.

HAHAHAHA. Yes Im sure he has his assistant go out and pick up his $1,000+ watches on the regular. Sure its fun to be filthy rich. In the end a lot of rich people have as many problems as the poor, money just isn't one of them. No ones checking account balance will be on their grave stone.

As far as the Apple watch, its pretty hilarious seeing all the ridiculous concepts out there. Apple employees must be laughing their butts off at all this.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
... of its "first wearable device", presumed to be the iWatch.

This is getting things exactly backwards. Apple's "first wearable device" is only "presumed" to be the iWatch by the rumors industry. All we really can say confidently is that Apple will be producing a "wearable device" of some sort. No credible information justifies calling it a watch, let alone supports the claim that Apple will name it "iWatch." Rumors don't create their own realities, not even here.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany

----------

There's really no excuse for wearing an expensive watch anymore (everything tells time these days) except for compensating for a small penis.

you sound pressed

People who mention how much money they spend on things are rarely very intelligent.

lol theres even an social media app for that

2czwodz.jpg

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I would only consider buying one of those iWatches if they look like an actual watch and not like those redic mockups that make it look like an iPod Nano on your wrist.

Can you imagine wearing one of these during a business meeting? embarrassing

Then why not just buy a real watch? Just as embarrassing would be ones watch face lighting up every time they got a notification of some sort.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
Well it doesn't make sense to have a smart watch when you will still need a phone in your pocket for functionality . What a waste of money if you asked me except for the loyalists . :)

Again, you haven't seen the product. You don't know that it will require an iPhone. It could be it syncs with any iOS device, Mac or PC. Or doesn't need to.

Even if it does, the iPad required syncing to a computer and we got over that.

----------

No credible information justifies calling it a watch, let alone supports the claim that Apple will name it "iWatch."

Haven't Apple been taking steps to protect the name 'iWatch' in various countries?

sputnikv

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2009
At this point it's obvious Apple is throwing people off with all of these different sizes... Probably trying to weed out the leakers.

I think it's more likely that they're simply prototyping various sizes. This is a new product category after all.

ThisIsNotMe

Suspended
Aug 11, 2008
Knowing Tim Cooks Apple, we would be lucky to get an updated iPhone before the holiday season let alone an entirely new product segment .

TWSS37

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
For those dismissing this before they even know the details of functionality (which is weird to say the least), as someone who recently bought an Android Wear I can assure you that while out of the box version 1.0 may seem limited, the potential is certainly there. I would say not to get your expectations high based on my experience, but don't dismiss this product. It has the potential, if iti is anything like AW, to be very useful in situations that you might not think it to be - such as while driving.

MiniEggs

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
Waterproof/works when wet

Any smart watch tech will need to be waterproof AND be able to function in the rain/wet fingers

All current iScreens don't and I notice the Samsung water resistant ads are very careful to show the screen being wiped down after the garden hose before use ... because they don't work either

Ironically the older screen technologies used to work because they were based on touch rather than electricity

TWSS37

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
When it comes out at 1.6inches, will Samsung do a 2inch, then a 2.2 inch, then a 2.4 inch, then a 2.5 inch until everyone on these forums moans the can no longer work effectively on their 1.6 inch watch screen they can't see everything they need to do and Apple needs to release a bigger watch?

Samsung's Gear Live is already 1.63"x1.63", but by all means keep perpetuating the myth that Samsung just builds bigger sizes to only be larger than Apple devices :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.