Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aloshka

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2009
Sometimes I really think Apple reads macrumors. Sometimes laughs, sometimes investigates real leaks.

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
Real or not, Spigen makes amazing screen protectors. I always get their protectors for all my iDevices :)

Ries

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2007
Yep, and on every occasion I can remember, they've failed miserably. I like to think Apple change the shape the day before production, just to put these guys out of business.

They would properly still make money. I would guess they do it to get the sale now without competition. They calculated even if they would be wrong, they will have a profit on sending a replacement.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
It would be amazing if all the "leaked" content was for some shadow product that was designed to hide the real design of the iPhone 6.

Unfortunately I think the reality is the new cases will fit the new iPhone 6 like a glove.

You are making the assumption that Apple have not orchestrated some of these leaks to keep up public excitement and interest.

Do you really think Apple would prefer ZERO leaks and news so that there was nothing to keep Apple forums talking about and interested in, in the run up to the launch of a new product.

Samsung and others would be showing off their new items to the public on and off the internet and Apple would be stone dead, with zero going on till the day of the reveal.

Do you really think Apple would want that?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
There must be some really far fetched users out there who would even take this up, when i bet half of the cases may not even fit exactly, or they would want their money back because, the cases did not promise as expected.

Serves users right to "jump the gun"

No-one knows but Apple..... no matter what any article/rumor says.. There is no way any rumor can be accurate.... only "more accurate than the other guy"

Its like a race to the finish line...

"I'm in front.... no...i'm in front.....no your not .... you mean you were"

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
There will be no 4.7 iphone this year. Only 5.5" phone will be made. Everything else is vapor ware.

I agree.

This is when we had rumors of a larger display the year the 4S was coming out, which turned out to be the 5 which we didn't get until the following year.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Yep, and on every occasion I can remember, they've failed miserably. I like to think Apple change the shape the day before production, just to put these guys out of business.

Why would they want to put them out of business? I don't like third party cases but these companies produce every possible configuration available which makes the product (iPhone/iPad) more viable to customers thanks to added versatility and personalisation.

Just look at all the 3rd party stuff for the iPad...

stevejobz

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2014
Companies put up images and dimensions real or not just to get publicity and pre orders or sometimes they don't put images at all. There is a reason for this and that is they make fake sales to boost up their ranks on Amazon. Go ahead and check out Spigens iPhone 6 cases it already has reviews! How is this even possible?

phobium

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2011
Wait...so they just design a case based on leaked photos of the iPhone 6?

Sounds like way of failure to me.:rolleyes:

Spigen's marketing model is about releasing these product listings around concept designs with no cases actually manufactured to get sites like this to show them off. Then once the final mold and specs are released they update the concept photo then actually start making the cases.

Th3taJ

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2014
Milford, NH
Spigen's marketing model is about releasing these product listings around concept designs with no cases actually manufactured to get sites like this to show them off. Then once the final mold and specs are released they update the concept photo then actually start making the cases.

Huh...interesting. I really don't know enough about business models to understand the system :eek: but hey if it works for them than more power to them! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.