Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MentalFloss

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
I don't know; I think there could be more compression artifacts if they tried…

Thanks for picking up on this. Sometimes I feel like digging out my old 1.5 MP digital camera that I bought in 1999, because I believe that it took better pictures than that.

I guess it also doesn't help that the picture had to go through another JPEG encoding round when some website had to add their "Republished by..." watermark to the picture. Why doesn't MacRumors add a "Rebublished by MacRumors" watermark so that I can add a "Republished by MentalFloss" watermark before tweeting the picture, which by then will have become one big JPEG artifact.

Mr Fusion

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2007
Actually I like all these little part leaks on the front page. At least it's some real Apple rumours. Unlike all the app advertising we are seeing. I am divided on patent war information on the front page though. I have no issues with that being there but others do have issues with it.
I'm fine with it as long as we get some part leaks from non-iOS devices too. When was the last time we saw part leaks for a computer? :(

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
I'm fine with it as long as we get some part leaks from non-iOS devices too. When was the last time we saw part leaks for a computer? :(

iOS devices are computers. But I understand what you mean. I guess the Foxconn employees don't consider New Macs to be worthy enough to leak parts from. Yeah I think more Mac part leaks would be cool but we don't choose what Fxconn employees leak.

----------

Based on all the tongue in cheek comments I'd say you are in the minority here. I'm not suggesting no parts should be on the front page, but they should at least be identifiable and useful as a data point. The pic here isn't even a rumor because it doesn't shed any new information.

The part in bold is the useful thing you said and I agree with that. Having a way to track the type and dates of part leaks would be nice.

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
I wonder how many times this joke is going to be used before the 6 is released.

Ive used it twice, if anyone else has said it, they stole it from me...

----------

You probably shouldn't come to a Mac rumors web site then?

Well i'm here for "Mac rumours" not "Pictures of iPhone parts 5x a day".

I wouldn't mind if it was on a separate page, I like the majority of the news on the front page, but the bits of iPhone are just both spoiling it and uninterested. Ive seen about mockups, its quite depressing to know exactly how its going to look to be honest months before the keynote.

kdarling

macrumors P6
omg they moved the screw holes... <faints>

Boom!

ad_head_explode.jpg

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
I've seen more bits of the iPhone 6 than Sasha Grey.

I had to Google Sasha Grey. Now I get the joke.

-OR-

I could have said "What's your point, apart from trying to sound like a self entitled smart ass?"

ChrisCW11

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
Don't call it Touch ID

Apple lost that trademark battle, I'm surprised they haven't been sued yet to stop using the name for the feature.

They should call it the Finger Bang ID sensor.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002

Yes, but the ones you've seen of Sasha's are likely real parts.

----------

Apple lost that trademark battle, I'm surprised they haven't been sued yet to stop using the name for the feature.

They should call it the Finger Bang ID sensor.

It's not final FINAL yet. Apple is still in the appeal's period. They have until Nov. I believe to convince USPTO their use of the TM is different than Kronos. Barring that they can always license the name just as they did with the iPhone name from Cisco. Or they can change the name like the did when they lost the Rendevouz name, which is now known and Bonjour, of course.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
No surprise here, its going to have a fingerprint sensor since the 5s has one as well. This really doesn't tell me much though :)

The good news is everything is coming together for a release in a few months

Why would a mod comment on a rumour like this? Is forum moderation separate from the moderation of what goes on the front page? Just wondering...

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012

Anyone else wish they could see nothing until the damn thing is just released??

>Goes on Macrumors, a site for rumors and leaks
>Complains when he sees leaks

What?

If I were to show anyone in my family the iPhone 6 leaked design it would be a first to them, the only people who know what it looks like are people who seek it out. If you don't want to see it, why seek it out?

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
>Goes on Macrumors, a site for rumors and leaks
>Complains when he sees leaks

What?

If I were to show anyone in my family the iPhone 6 leaked design it would be a first to them, the only people who know what it looks like are people who seek it out. If you don't want to see it, why seek it out?

Actually goes on "Mac" rumours site for news about the Mac and Apple software, and updates of when iOS beta and software is out and what new deals Apple has or may be signing.

Not for every single Chinese part of the iPhone thats found and 450 different mockups of it. If you want that you should be able to "seek it out" in a separate iPhone section really. I try to scroll past it, it was just a joke about how many bits of this thing I've seen now - who really cares about the touch ID sensor anyway?!? Is anyone drawing any useful information from that at all, in the slightest? If so, maybe they should be Googling Sasha Grey instead.

prajapat044

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2014
iPhone

Nice Article, I also love iPhone. I think everyone focused on its hardness. I want to make the point of its Gorilla Glass being as more flexible.
They wouldn’t do it for less broken screens. It’s beta testing in the so wild. get more details about iPhone6 here http://iphone6update.com/

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
You know these parts make it all THAT much easier for 'fakes too :)

No wonder why they exist..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.