Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eweie

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2013
I'd feel disgusted at myself if I owned one of those pieces of crap.

PocketSand11

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2014
~/
Why would anyone want this? Chances are that these companies will disappear within a year, and they'll have no support.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Why would someone buy this? Just wait until it comes out.

People will buy it because it's only about $150 retail, and does everything they need.

Why would anyone want this? Chances are that these companies will disappear within a year, and they'll have no support.

I think Goophone has been around for years. In any case, what would the owner need support for? No doubt spare parts are available from lots of shops.

--

I was disappointed that no one in the videos tried to use them one-handed.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Why would someone buy this? Just wait until it comes out.

Perhaps the target market of this isn't just people who can't wait for the real one, but more for people who can't afford the real one.

They don't mind that this clone is a POS in comparison because they were looking for the social status of being seen with an "iPhone" more than anything.

They want to, you know, "Buy things they don’t need with money they don’t have to impress people they don’t like."

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
alan-partridge-shrug-o1.gif

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
:facepalm: in what world would it ever make sense for Apple to build Android phones?

In a world where people who love Apple quality hardware and iOS and the ecosystem can buy an Apple phone as they do now.

Also, as Apple make a LOT of profit on hardware.

The majority of people who don't want iOS but prefer the openness of Android, BUT would enjoy the look and build quality of an Apple device.

Then Apple can offer their hardware to both camps, people who want to use iOS and people who want to use Android.

Why would that be such a crazy concept if they make money either way?

Unless you feel that current Apple users would leave iOS as they could get Android, on Apple build hardware.

hugo7

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2008
Er, that screen

iPhone 5s (1136 x 640 4")

Goophone i6 (960 x 540 4.7") - Bigger screen and lower resolution? Fail!

nick9797

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2014
Model Number

Has anyone else noticed that the reason the back of the fake iPhone in the first video has FCC regs and likeness to Apple branding is because it was taken as a literal screenshot of an iPhone 5. This is evidenced by the Model Number that says A1429. As a fake, if you were going to be as authentic as possible, wouldn't you try and change the model number at least? Just sayin'...

suprakc

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2013
Utah
Hahaha the GOOphone. It's full of goo.

This is why I think the "s" cycle is better with apple, as hyped-up clones based on rumors and chinese knock-offs aren't as prevalent.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Please I wish someone would go out on the street in the USA with one of these, find current users, and tell them this is a "Specially selected public viewing" of the new iPhone to launch shortly and see what they think of it.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
I'm sure we'd all be VERY interested to see just how well an Android based iPhone would sell.

I would hazard a guess it would sell very very well.

Perhaps a future market for Apple as they make so much money from the hardware, why not sell iOS and Android iPhones ?
Not even close. Aluminum is not what keeps people buying Apple products.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
In a world where people who love Apple quality hardware and iOS and the ecosystem can buy an Apple phone as they do now.

Also, as Apple make a LOT of profit on hardware.

The majority of people who don't want iOS but prefer the openness of Android, BUT would enjoy the look and build quality of an Apple device.

Then Apple can offer their hardware to both camps, people who want to use iOS and people who want to use Android.

Why would that be such a crazy concept if they make money either way?

Unless you feel that current Apple users would leave iOS as they could get Android, on Apple build hardware.

It's a ridiculous idea. Hardware/ Software integration is what makes the iphone so great. Apple likes to control every aspect of their device. They would never, I repeat NEVER use a direct competitors software on their hardware. It makes absolutely no sense from a business standpoint. I can't tell if you honestly think it's a good idea or if you're just saying it because you want an iPhone with android.

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
That video justifies why Apple is being so secretive.

It's not about Microsoft, Google and Samsung copying them, it's about the Chinese.

SmileyBlast!

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
What would be funny is if they ban the import and sale of the *actual* :apple: iPhone 6 in China claiming prior art and copyright violation that would hurt their sales.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.