Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tsikura

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2012
New York
Mine is like 50 miles away but it looks like they still going to hold for Wednesday delivery instead of tomorrow. Can't wait and hope I don't have to mess with returns.

outlawarth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2011
Here is something interesting: I ordered my 11" MBA with 8GB ram last Friday. Today I get shipping notification from UPS that it's already in the U.S.

I thought they were all shipping from China? I didn't think shipping would be this fast.

Tsikura

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2012
New York
Here is something interesting: I ordered my 11" MBA with 8GB ram last Friday. Today I get shipping notification from UPS that it's already in the U.S.

I thought they were all shipping from China? I didn't think shipping would be this fast.

It ships and gets to Alaska pretty damn quick. Timezones makes a big difference too.

outlawarth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2011
It ships and gets to Alaska pretty damn quick. Timezones makes a big difference too.

Yes, but it seems to have all happened in 1 day. I wonder if any products are shipped directly from within US?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 120

Tsikura

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2012
New York
Welp, posting on my first Mac since 1995. This going to take some getting used to! But I love it so far. Very glad I went with 13".

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Received my 11" in the mail today. Everything looks so tiny compared to what I remember from the last time I had one a few years ago. Granted, my eyes have gotten a bit worse since then, but not sure if I'm thrilled with that aspect of it. I'll try to get used to it, but maybe I need a 13". Zero problems otherwise -- 8GB was the right choice too because it's flying.

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
Received my Air yesterday afternoon. Love, really happy.

Not sure what to do with my early 2011 MacBook Pro now. Tempted to keep hold of it, and wait for a new Thunderbolt display, and turn it into a desktop.

Tsikura

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2012
New York
Can the Apple Store Gift be used to get an iTunes gift card at the store? I know online on the Apple site that it can't be done but has anyone tried here? The store card is basically useless for me.

andyjam

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2008
Sydney, Australia
When did Apple stop building the 2013 model? I've just ordered a refurbed 13" (base spec), which is coming up as a June 2014 build when I check the serial number (but with a 1.3GHz processor, so it's definitely a 2013 model as ordered).

tdc02

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2011
Just brought my first MAC Air 11". Been using WPC my whole life. This little book is nice, just need to setup everything to my likely.

andyjam

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2008
Sydney, Australia
My new (refurbished) 13" Air arrived this afternoon. Serial number and the sticker on the side of the box it came in say 4GB RAM but the system says it has 8GB :)

MarvinHC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2014
Belgium
My new (refurbished) 13" Air arrived this afternoon. Serial number and the sticker on the side of the box it came in say 4GB RAM but the system says it has 8GB :)

Congratulations!!

I got mine today and unfortunately no free upgrade.

Out of curiosity: When you check the specs online, for example on this website:
http://www.appleserialnumberinfo.com/Desktop/index.php

Does it say 8GB there or 4GB?

littlekidjon

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2010
Ordered a MBA on the 10th, it was dispatched on the 16th and was supposed to be delivered on the 21st (yesterday).

UPS has switched from being on time to "Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later."

I have tried calling UPS, but their system hangs up on me whenever I try to talk to a human and can't find any other way to contact them. The biggest issue though, is that this was the last update on the tracking:

Stansted, United Kingdom 18/07/2014 4:27 Arrival Scan

Any suggestions apart from sitting around waiting?

maximusbibicus

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2014
Yes, but it seems to have all happened in 1 day. I wonder if any products are shipped directly from within US?

The first one I ordered 2 weeks ago shipped from a warehouse here in Canada.....almost literally a 20 minute drive from my place. I ordered on a Wednesday and got it Friday. I returned that as I chose to get a bigger hard drive, and that model started out in Shanghai, then to Alaska. Just left there....not sure what the next step is. This order was placed late last Wednesday and I will be getting it this Thursday. Quite the difference.

budselectjr

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009
Minnesota
I had a lot of points through Best Buy and with the Air's on sale I went ahead and bought the 13inch with the 4GB of ram and the 256GB flash. I saw the story about the 12 inch macbook's possibly coming out in the fall but unless something "magical" comes out this one should last me a while.

outlawarth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2011
The first one I ordered 2 weeks ago shipped from a warehouse here in Canada.....almost literally a 20 minute drive from my place. I ordered on a Wednesday and got it Friday. I returned that as I chose to get a bigger hard drive, and that model started out in Shanghai, then to Alaska. Just left there....not sure what the next step is. This order was placed late last Wednesday and I will be getting it this Thursday. Quite the difference.

Yes, quite the difference in shipping times. I believe the warehouse you speak of is located in Vaughan.

maximusbibicus

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2014
Yes, quite the difference in shipping times. I believe the warehouse you speak of is located in Vaughan.

Yup...check out this history, all over the place. Getting it tomorrow.

Concord, ON, Canada 07/23/2014
Mount Hope, ON, Canada 07/23/2014

07/23/2014 6:35 A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible.

Louisville, KY, United States 07/23/2014
Anchorage, AK, United States 07/22/2014
Shanghai, China 07/22/2014

outlawarth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2011
Yup...check out this history, all over the place. Getting it tomorrow.

Concord, ON, Canada 07/23/2014

Mount Hope, ON, Canada 07/23/2014

07/23/2014 6:35A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible.

Louisville, KY, United States 07/23/2014

Anchorage, AK, United States 07/22/2014

Shanghai, China 07/22/2014

Wow. That's quite all over the place! At least you'll be getting it tomorrow.

I too decided to send my MBA back and order a new one. I got it last week and the hinge makes a loud clicking noise whenever the lid is being opened. I thought I was going to get used to it but it bothers me too much.

I am hoping my new one comes here quickly.

InvalidUserID

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2008
Palo Alto, CA
Finally took the plunge and bought a refurb'd 13" Air, the i7, 8GB RAM + 512GB SSD version. So refurb + 5% shop discover helped convince me it's a deal.

It will be replacing my first ever Apple product, my early-2008 MBP. Old girl was simply showing her age with the defective batteries (have gone through 5-6 over the years), noisy fans, heat and battery life.

Since buying my girlfriend an Air over the holidays, seeing her battery life, how light it is and how cool it stays, it made me want one.

Hopefully it won't be too long to get to my local store.

maximusbibicus

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2014
Finally took the plunge and bought a refurb'd 13" Air, the i7, 8GB RAM + 512GB SSD version. So refurb + 5% shop discover helped convince me it's a deal.

It will be replacing my first ever Apple product, my early-2008 MBP. Old girl was simply showing her age with the defective batteries (have gone through 5-6 over the years), noisy fans, heat and battery life.

Since buying my girlfriend an Air over the holidays, seeing her battery life, how light it is and how cool it stays, it made me want one.

Hopefully it won't be too long to get to my local store.

I just got the 2014 version, same specs and it is fabulous. grilled to have a laptop again after a bit of a hiatus.

You will really enjoy it!

aryan118

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2011
BestBuy in NH didn't let me use both coupons so final sale price I got on the MacBook air was 749$. Since this state is tax free 749$ is the final price I paid but I am still disappointed that I didn't get the price of 675$ on the MacBook air.

eb3604

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2007
Picked up the 13" MBA from Best Buy last night for $675 + tax - 25 statement credit through Amex. Roughly $700 after taxes. Loving it. Already had a Booq viper case and bought a Baggu duck bag to carry it around with me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.