Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Blimey - Philipp Lahm's lip prints haven't even been wiped off the World Cup and the new season is already upon us! :eek:

Champions League qualifiers are being played this very evening, transfers are flying around all over the place and the world waits with baited breath as Paul McShane prepares to make his European debut.

The draw has been made, and here's what we have to look forward to...

MR_Draw.jpg

Off you go, chaps. :cool:

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
It feels like things will return to 'normal' this season.

Some interesting questions to be answered are;

How will Liverpool cope without Suarez/with CL football

Will Barca's front three find an effective understanding

Will Hull City retain their current name come May

Will Man Utd get into the top 4 and

Will Altidore score more than once

Last edited:

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
It feels like things will return to 'normal' this season.

Some interesting questions to be answered are;

How will Liverpool cope without Suarez/with CL football

Will Barca's front three find an effective understanding

Will Hull City retain their current name come May

Will Man Utd get into the top 4 and

Left a few out.

Will Port Adelaide regain their form and secure a top 4 finish?

Sydney is a game clear in top spot. They are looking ominous with the big 4 forwards (Franklin, Goodes, Reid, Tippett). Can anyone stop them? And can anyone in the AFL catch Lewis Jetta?

Gold Coast. Without Gary Ablett, is their season over?

How many more speccies can Jeremy Howe take? If he isn't jumping over the top of someone, it's boring to him!

Mark of the year. Who should get it at this point, keeping in mind that we're only 17 weeks in to a 22-week regular season, with 4 more weeks for finals, including the Grand Final?

Sam Grey:

BL.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
I see that Ronald Koeman (Southampton) has signed his old player from his days at both AZ & Feyenoord, Graziano Pellè for 10 million. He is one of the main reasons why Feyenoord finished second, it will be very intersting to see how he does in the EPL.

There is a steady trickle from Feyenoord, Bruno Martins Indi has signed for FC Porto, Daryl Janmaat is off to Newcastle.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
The Premier League is looking at introducing the vanishing spray that took the World Cup by storm. Despite the fact that it's been in use in several leagues for years, and was praised at the World Cup, the league suits think it might take a year to get it into the hands of referees. Silly.

Blimey - Philipp Lahm's lip prints haven't even been wiped off the World Cup and the new season is already upon us! :eek:

Champions League qualifiers are being played this very evening, transfers are flying around all over the place and the world waits with baited breath as Paul McShane prepares to make his European debut.

The draw has been made, and here's what we have to look forward to...

Splendidly done, Jaffa. :D The off season lasted about 48 hours. Too long without football, say I.

He was on such a crap team, and it killed his confidence. I think he can do better.

So did you!

Will Accrington Stanley manager James Beattie guide them to League 2 safety?

Hey, we haven't had to break out the crest in a while. ;)

Last edited:

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Allegri appointed Juve's new coach.

Not everyone is happy, and Pirlo, Vidal and Pogba's futures are once again being questioned. Especially Pirlo's. Since Allegri dispatched him from Milan.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I know! This time we haven't even made it past the pre-season friendlies!

It's an odd time of year. The Champions League has already started back up, but teams haven't even begun their big-money foreign friendly tours yet. If I was a player I'd hate those. Sill plenty of time for Luke Shaw or Diego Costa to pull a hammy during the US tours. ;)

Arsenal fans must be drooling over Sanchez. And Cesc is back - but with the Empire rather than the rebel alliance.

Last edited:

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Reports are saying Mourinho is desperate to hijack Arsenal's Khedira move. Which would take him to midfielder number 13. he's apparently personally picked up the phone to persuade Khedira to move to the Bridge instead of the Emirates.

He's also interested in muscling in on Liverpool's plans for Griezmann

Stories sound plausible given his antics with Willian, Salah and even Fabregas.

Last edited:

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
FYI, They've updated the fantasy.premierleague.com website for the 2014/15 season. Doesn't look like any obvious rule changes.

I'll leave it to Jaffa Cake to create his usual forum thread.

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
LVG takes the helm

BsrT1kbCEAIXhzb.jpg:large

and Ba completes Besiktas switch

Bsqm2UUIAAAbEmO.jpg:large

Last edited:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
FYI, They've updated the fantasy.premierleague.com website for the 2014/15 season. Doesn't look like any obvious rule changes.

I'll leave it to Jaffa Cake to create his usual forum thread.
That's my evening sorted then! :)

EDIT: Right chaps - I've started up a thread for the new Fantasy Football season, but please have a read of the OP as I've a suggestion I'd like to get your thoughts on. :)

Last edited:

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
That's my evening sorted then! :)

EDIT: Right chaps - I've started up a thread for the new Fantasy Football season, but please have a read of the OP as I've a suggestion I'd like to get your thoughts on. :)

all right, you tweeted about the HCAFC kit and badge but I've not been able to locate a pic, can you provide one?

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
all right, you tweeted about the HCAFC kit and badge but I've not been able to locate a pic, can you provide one?
Just a blurry teaser of the kit so far...

BsqykI4IQAAHXgk_zps5ec3c23f.jpg

...so we know it's stripes with plain amber sleeves, black shorts and solid amber socks. It's going to be fully unveiled tomorrow.

I posted a pic of Allam's new crest here, along with a few thoughts...

EDIT: hang on, looks like we might have a leak - that sponsor patch doesn't look good...

Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 8.47.50 pm.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 8.48.03 pm.png

Last edited:

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA

View attachment 481069

...so we know it's stripes with plain amber sleeves, black shorts and solid amber socks. It's going to be fully unveiled tomorrow.

EDIT: hang on, looks like we might have a leak - that sponsor patch doesn't look good...

View attachment 481082
View attachment 481081

I see you stole our sponsor from last year. Better than Cash Converters I suppose.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN

View attachment 481069

View attachment 481082
View attachment 481081

not completely horrible. the shirt anyway.
i could see not liking the badge.
as badges go it is ok but, for me, it is the principle of the thing.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Hmm... a chap who knows about these kind of things and is very reliable on City kit matters is reckoning on Twitter that the final version doesn't feature the patch - it would appear Tommy was wearing an earlier version in the leaked pic. This is most pleasing news - it's just a shame about that crest.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
The start of the Amateur season took a turn for the worse here.

The air disaster over Ukraine just got a little nearer, two members of the biggest local football team were killed. Remco Trugg and Leon Wels played in the amateur B class that last season won the championship. Just last week Wednesday we watched the World Cup match in the teams canteen.

189 people from the Netherlands were killed on Thursday. The flags are flying halfstok, it’s like everybody knows somebody who died.

http://www.brabantsdagblad.nl/regio...m-dood-van-leden-bij-vliegtuigcrash-1.4455301

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.