Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
So it appears as a new Apple store would be coming to The Promenade Shoppes at Evergreen Walk located in Manchester, CT later this year? All signs point to a new store by the classic black bordered construction outside, local demographics and store locations point to the smart addition in this particular location. Any thoughts?

14wshsn.jpg

Last edited:

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
From what I know, there is no news about Apple moving into Evergreen Walk. I have not even heard hints of this.

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
From what I know, there is no news about Apple moving into Evergreen Walk. I have not even heard hints of this.

I talked to a few people who work at the Holyoke and Westfarms Stores and finally got some info out of one of them. It is indeed a Apple Retail moving there. They do not know when it will be opening up but it's a 99% confirmation that an Apple Store is indeed coming to Manchester.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I talked to a few people who work at the Holyoke and Westfarms Stores and finally got some info out of one of them. It is indeed a Apple Retail moving there. They do not know when it will be opening up but it's a 99% confirmation that an Apple Store is indeed coming to Manchester.
That may well be true, but as of now there is no official announcement and it is just hearsay at this point. For the record the store is in South Windsor not Manchester.

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
Still awaiting official confirmation from Apple or official sources but from what I gathered this in indeed a new store.

Mac Spec

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008

First of all, Apple does not give any advance information about anything to it's Retail Employees, so you won't "finally" get anything out of them.

Secondly, a review of the internal and external Apple Jobs site reveals positions available in "North Hartford", which may mean the Manchester, CT location of this shopping center.

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
First of all, Apple does not give any advance information about anything to it's Retail Employees, so you won't "finally" get anything out of them.

Secondly, a review of the internal and external Apple Jobs site reveals positions available in "North Hartford", which may mean the Manchester, CT location of this shopping center.

Perfect. I have received confirmation from many employees that work in various outlet stores in Evergreen that have confirmed with Management that this is indeed an Apple Store going in here. I have also found the link to that location so great call. Thank You!

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
If there is a Apple store going into Evergreen Walk everyone has been extremely tight lipped about it. There is nothing anywhere with even the slightest rumor about a store there.

----------

It also lists Hartford, and there is no Apple store in Hartford. North Hartford doesn't even exist. Plus South Windsor is east of Hartford.

I highly doubt that management would spill the beans about an Apple store moving in without Apple mentioning it.

Last edited:

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
If there is a Apple store going into Evergreen Walk everyone has been extremely tight lipped about it. There is nothing anywhere with even the slightest rumor about a store there.

----------

It also lists Hartford, and there is no Apple store in Hartford. North Hartford doesn't even exist. Plus South Windsor is east of Hartford.

I highly doubt that management would spill the beans about an Apple store moving in without Apple mentioning it.

That is because security was told not to say anything or they could lose their jobs etc. I agree it has been very tight lipped for really not a big deal topi but hey thats Apple. Trying to be secretive all the time about everything.

MyMacTech

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2013
AppleStore construction confirmed

The Apple User Group for central Connecticut, Connecticut Mac Connection, has confirmed with the South Windsor planning office that Apple has a construction permit on file for Evergreen Walk.

So, the information here is accurate.... An AppleStore is coming to the Manchester shopping area and Hartford will have its second Apple retail location! :)

BuCkDoG, you might want to rotate the picture you posted, so that it appears upright in all browsers. You must have shot the pic with your smartphone's home button on the left, because the pic appears upside down in browsers likc Chrome.

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
The Apple User Group for central Connecticut, Connecticut Mac Connection, has confirmed with the South Windsor planning office that Apple has a construction permit on file for Evergreen Walk.

So, the information here is accurate.... An AppleStore is coming to the Manchester shopping area and Hartford will have its second Apple retail location! :)

BuCkDoG, you might want to rotate the picture you posted, so that it appears upright in all browsers. You must have shot the pic with your smartphone's home button on the left, because the pic appears upside down in browsers likc Chrome.

Sweet thanks! See I just knew that they would be putting a store there for sure. Demographics seems accurate as well as current locations in Holyoke and Farmington make this location a perfect spot for another Retail Store. Thanks for the add!

P.S. I will rotate the picture later on. For some reason it is reversed on some browers.

Mac Spec

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
A friend of mine says the West Farms mall store is getting a remodel this summer, so a store in Manchester would be good.

MyMacTech

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2013
Further confirmation...

I had a nice conversation with an Apple retail employee the other day. He confirmed the forthcoming South Windsor store. :)

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
So it appears as a new Apple store would be coming to The Promenade Shoppes at Evergreen Walk located in Manchester, CT later this year? All signs point to a new store by the classic black bordered construction outside, local demographics and store locations point to the smart addition in this particular location. Any thoughts?

This is interesting, the Farmington store in West Farms mall is having a massive renovation that will reopen in August.

My guess is Apple is launching an updated design paradigm, with a new emphasis on how iBeacons assist in the purchasing process. The new retail head comes from Burburry and what they've done in their stores will definitely come into play at Apple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DzBIYwZsut0

Sweet spot for in store technology starts at 2:25

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
This is interesting, the Farmington store in West Farms mall is having a massive renovation that will reopen in August.

My guess is Apple is launching an updated design paradigm, with a new emphasis on how iBeacons assist in the purchasing process. The new retail head comes from Burburry and what they've done in their stores will definitely come into play at Apple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DzBIYwZsut0

Sweet spot for in store technology starts at 2:25
Have they closed down the Westfarms location or are they still open during construction? I know they moved Starbucks to a temporary location while they rebuild center court.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Have they closed down the Westfarms location or are they still open during construction? I know they moved Starbucks to a temporary location while they rebuild center court.

They closed it for two weeks to open up an extremely small store in the center of the old one, surrounded and walled in so none of the new store construction can be seen.

I got paid to drive down there for a genius appointment for an iPad Air (I work for CCSU as an Apple technician). :)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
They closed it for two weeks to open up an extremely small store in the center of the old one, surrounded and walled in so none of the new store construction can be seen.

I got paid to drive down there for a genius appointment for an iPad Air (I work for CCSU as an Apple technician). :)
That store is bad enough at full size. How much worse is it now in a sardine can.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
That store is bad enough at full size. How much worse is it now in a sardine can.

It's BAD. If you've been at the mall you'll know the glass handrails outside of the store. They've essentially got 10 Apple employees standing outside lining people along the handrails for their appointments. To be honest its a real pedestrian hazard.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
It's BAD. If you've been at the mall you'll know the glass handrails outside of the store. They've essentially got 10 Apple employees standing outside lining people along the handrails for their appointments. To be honest its a real pedestrian hazard.
Apple could not get a temporary store there for the summer? A broom closet can't be good for business.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Apple could not get a temporary store there for the summer? A broom closet can't be good for business.

I think there are 4 or 5 other stores being built in the mall there currently (theres been a real turnaround there since the downturn made it a ghost town).

MyMacTech

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2013
I was also surprised that Apple didn't open a larger temporary store, elsewhere in Westfarms mall. Either there isn't the space available, or they didn't' deem it necessary. The temporary space is definitely tiny and I've been told that it's now closed entirely.

Regarding the South Windsor store.... They have cut down some of the black wall hiding the facade at the very top (just the top 2 feet). It wasn't clear why they did it, but I'm sure it was necessary, as Apple probably wouldn't allow that without good reason. Despite the glimpse at what the workers are doing, it's still not possible to see any actual Apple stylistic / decorative elements. I didn't take a picture, since you still can't see anything of value and I was on a schedule.

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
Well it looks like the covers are coming off and we have our first glimpse at the new Apple Retail Store South Windsor! I have been commenting about this topic for awhile now and finally people are starting to realize in the local area that yes, indeed there is another Apple Retail Store in the works!

28txl5j.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.