Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sharpnd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2014
If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it!

I went to install Yosemite and it gave me my beta key. Launched the app store and it said I had to update billing info first. So I do that, and I get brought to a blank page. Close it out and went to try to download it again and it says my key is already used. Doesn't show up under updates, purchase history, nothing. Any ideas?

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
Some people are reporting that if you sign up again for the beta, this time it'll work. But lot's of people are having problems redeeming their codes and this is a temp solution.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Some people are reporting that if you sign up again for the beta, this time it'll work. But lot's of people are having problems redeeming their codes and this is a temp solution.

I can't even do that. I get a server error 500 when I try to leave the program.

----------

Leave the beta program, and re-sign up. It gives you a new code that works.:cool:

I finally was able to leave, when I sign back up it just now says "We'll be back. We are busy updating the site." etc. I think we are overloading their network lol

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
I can't even do that. I get a server error 500 when I try to leave the program.

----------

I finally was able to leave, when I sign back up it just now says "We'll be back. We are busy updating the site." etc. I think we are overloading their network lol

That and i think there is something wrong with the entire thing because despite running the Developer Previews, I signed up for the beta program early on and I haven't been able to d/l anything. It just doesn't work. :(

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
That and i think there is something wrong with the entire thing because despite running the Developer Previews, I signed up for the beta program early on and I haven't been able to d/l anything. It just doesn't work. :(

Leave the beta program and sign back up. That worked for me, I got a new code.

msz7

macrumors member
May 27, 2013
I had the same issue I just used my dad's Apple ID to sign up (he won't use it for Yosemite anyways so why not). My first redemption code had "already been used". BS but it's ok now

briegull

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
how long does it take to download?

Got the already redeemed msg, tried refreshing; that didn't work. Signed in with different name, that worked, redeemed code, got msg that it was downloading, and now no sign of it (including in launchpad). How long does it take to download? Anywhere to look to see if it IS downloading?

Answer to my own question: you can find it in the downloads page of the Apps app. Appears to take about half an hour.

tmorrow24

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2008
Check launchpad.. it appears there once you redeem

This worked for me. I redeemed my code, went to app store -- nothing. tried to redeem again, and got the message already used. But as stated above, i checked my launchpad, and there was the beta downloading. Thanks for the good answer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.