Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
I've been using it for only 30 minutes so far but it's quite stunning. The interface "refinement" (is what I'll call it) was well needed. What are your thoughts? :cool::apple:

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
After running all for DP's for the last few months I agree with you. Wait till you get a load of Safari 8.0. Super fast and badass! ;) UI is clean, refined and simplified to put your work and 'content' first, much like iOS 7 is when compared to iOS 6. Glad you're liking it. :)

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
After running all for DP's for the last few months I agree with you. Wait till you get a load of Safari 8.0. Super fast and badass! ;) UI is clean, refined and simplified to put your work and 'content' first, much like iOS 7 is when compared to iOS 6. Glad you're liking it. :)

I can't wait. Safari does seem super snappy and response. How is the App Store? Prior to Yosemite, I personally had tons of lag in App Store. Also do you know if we (public testers) got an earlier build of Yosemite? I still don't have the new iTunes icon + iTunes interface.

----------

Enable dark mode :p

First thing I did :) although I can't wait until support for Dark mode improves. Dropbox, 1password and caffeine don't have dark mode support...YET!

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
I can't wait. Safari does seem super snappy and response. How is the App Store? Prior to Yosemite, I personally had tons of lag in App Store. Also do you know if we (public testers) got an earlier build of Yosemite? I still don't have the new iTunes icon + iTunes interface.

----------

First thing I did :) although I can't wait until support for Dark mode improves. Dropbox, 1password and caffeine don't have dark mode support...YET!

Beta peeps got a build with a higher number then the DP folks. DP4 = 14A298i / Beta1 = 14A299i. There really isn't much difference if any but yours is higher. Damn you! ;) As for the App Store, I have no lag but then I didn't have lag under Mavericks either so...

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Mixed feelings. Some of it I like, some of it, not so much. Though I must say, the graphite theme (what I've always used) is a *lot* nicer. The sidebar transparency doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

Folders are horrid, and the new UI animations, while cool, are a little slow. Helvetica is awesome, but it's annoying having some apps like Tweetbot not use it for the moment. It is clearly not done––the aqua pinwheel looks ridiculous with the new UI, for example––and it'll be interesting to see how they refine it.

The default buttons don't animate anymore, which is going to get some getting used to. Whenever I see one I think for a second that my computer has frozen.

Sparky2012

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
one thing i don't like about it so far is when you click on the applications folder on the dock, the background behind all of your apps just doesn't look right, should be translucent like the rest of the OS

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Just started using it.

Wow this font is hard to read! I hope they fix it.

Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 12.05.32 PM.png

Yes, I filed feedback :)

Last edited:

Sparky2012

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom

----------

Go onto the Mac App Store, it should give you the update to iTunes 12

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I've downloaded the public beta, i really like the look of it so far, its much more cleaner and looks great :) i also like Safari and the new tabs. So far so good :D

Wiesenlooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
So far I have mixed feelings. It looks ok on my iMac but it IS very hard to read.

Also why are some top bars translucent and others not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.