Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Bach: Unaccompanied Cello Suites Performed on Double Bass by Edgar Meyer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 65

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I'm listening to an iTunes Genius Mix based on the Richard Marx song Right Here Waiting.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-18 at 10.48.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-18 at 10.48.46 PM.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 83

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Several from two albums 'Aventine' and 'Philharmonics' by the very gifted Agnes Obel which were waiting for me when I returned home. (For a flavour of the music, think of a sort of cross between Erik Satie and Yann Tiersen)….

Mind you, I had clean forgotten that I had ordered them. Have you ever had the experience of working abroad, and cheerfully - and obliviously - ordering stuff online, while in a state of happy intoxication, say, having listened to something online, liked it, researched it, and then fetched out credit card, whereupon you proceed to forget completely all about it, until you arrive home, that is, and stare, surprised, nonplussed, but rather pleased, at some of your unexpected (and unremembered) purchases, but then your memory, awakened, gives a sudden tug and twinge which abruptly reminds you of a happy night several weeks earlier)?

No? Really? Well, I have…...

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Any other Russians on this forum?
Denis Maydanov - Pulya
YouTube: video

I'm not Russian, and I don't know that particular artist (or track), so thank you for posting it. However, friends have introduced me to the impressive music of DDT (some terrific stuff).

Moreover, a prized possession - a gift, in fact - (from, yes, some time ago) is a wonderful vinyl LP which featured the hauntingly gifted musician, singer/song-writer/composer Vladimir Vysotsky…Sublime...

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A lovely CD (which - according to its sleeve notes - was inspired by the music of spaghetti westerns) by (the US producer) Danger Mouse and (the Italian composer) Daniele Luppi called 'Rome'.

The album is a sort of elegant homage to the (often extraordinarily good) soundtracks that used to accompany spaghetti westerns on the silver screen (or small screen, or computer screen….). Anyway, I have long loved the music of the spaghetti western genre…..

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
A lovely CD (which - according to its sleeve notes - was inspired by the music of spaghetti westerns) by (the US producer) Danger Mouse and (the Italian composer) Daniele Luppi called 'Rome'.

The album is a sort of elegant homage to the (often extraordinarily good) soundtracks that used to accompany spaghetti westerns on the silver screen (or small screen, or computer screen….). Anyway, I have long loved the music of the spaghetti western genre…..

Glad you like it. :)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Glad you like it. :)

Thank you. It (this CD) is 1) highly recommended, (by me) and 2), strangely addictive (as in, it seems to be one of those albums one plays again, and again, and again, until one tires - eventually, and inevitably, of it).

However, irrespective of howsoever morally repugnant spaghetti westerns may actually be, (sad to relate), I love them. And one of the things I love most, is the wonderful music…..

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Thank you. It (this CD) is 1) highly recommended, (by me) and 2), strangely addictive (as in, it seems to be one of those albums one plays again, and again, and again, until one tires - eventually, and inevitably, of it).

However, irrespective of howsoever morally repugnant spaghetti westerns may actually be, (sad to relate), I love them. And one of the things I love most, is the wonderful music…..

Quite right...

Now that you mention it, I think I'll put this album on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.