Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Getafe

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2011
Lynchburg, VA
I think I will wait for the final release to be announced.

I do think it is great that Apple has finally released a public beta though to try and help to stamp on the remaining bugs faster!

iPagan

macrumors regular
May 31, 2010
Just switched to the WiFi at a Starbucks. So far, it's at 2.9 GB. Fingers crossed.

Previously, I was downloading on my MBA hooked to a JBed iPad Air with MyWi 7.

Maybe, AT&T was throttling my download? :)

richeyty

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2013
So i had this issue, and how did I solve it? Well, I just tried over and over again until it finally worked! Loving Yosemite!!

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Kept trying and trying and like others said, don't give up! Finally got it to download! :eek:

GRXEPC3.png

WB2Colorado

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2008
Durango, Colorado
So i had this issue, and how did I solve it? Well, I just tried over and over again until it finally worked! Loving Yosemite!!

Unfortunately for the people who aren't fortunate enough to have a fast internet connection (me, for example), having a download fail repeatedly like this gets old really fast, especially when it takes 10 hours (estimated) to download and fails after 8 every time.

DTComputech

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2014
It finally downloaded

I have also be trying to download the Yosemite OS since yesterday. First I got the error message about Code had already been redeemed , just kept trying and finally that went through and I thought I was on my way. Than came the part were it looked like it was going to download but stopped short with the message about" OS X Yosemite Beta 1 failed to download " all I can say is I just kept trying about every hour or so when I was around. When I finally seen that it had completed I yelled so loud scared my wife. Anyway I think it's just a matter of time. The more that gets the download the fewer you have to contend with. So far I Love It.

borgning

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2014
Single DNS setting did the trick for me

Was on multiple DNS IP addresses on my network settings and have been failing for 12 hours. Once I switched to using a single DNS IP address (openDNS) my download completed in one attempt.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
I got lucky with downloading it as I got it on the first try. I'm woth Comcast on the East coast (unfortunatly).

DTComputech

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2014
Comcast

Century Link

I do have Comcast using an Airport Extreme and I am very fortunate and do get 57megs down. What I think also helped this time I kept the Mac awake and doing thins so it did not lag or sleep. I live in Colorado if that helps:apple:

ms.annette

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2009
SoCal
Mine finally downloaded today after giving me like 50 error messages. Now, I'm afraid to use it. lol It's on my external HDD. I guess I'll give it a try. I have to have my external HDD plugged in the whole time to use it correct?

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
I do have Comcast using an Airport Extreme and I am very fortunate and do get 57megs down. What I think also helped this time I kept the Mac awake and doing thins so it did not lag or sleep. I live in Colorado if that helps:apple:

It did eventually download, I think. I haven't pull the trigger and installed it yet. Unfortunately Comcast doesn't service my street. It touches the two connecting streets, just not mine.

devboi

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2014
Worked for me

I solved it!!

I have failed at least 50 times sincere yesterday.

Here is what I did.

I changed my DNS Server.

On another thread here I asked for people to share where the live if they were having the problem. I noticed no East coast locations.

I have Comcast and I also use an airport express. I opened airport utility and changed my DNS Server to the East Coast identifier.

I then started the download again and it worked. My browser acted slow and funny but the app store worked just great.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aiqu8aryxehj6g1/Screenshot%202014-07-25%2012.09.48.png

I used this process and after 32 hours, 100+ attempts to install and countless fails. Doing this, it failed twice and then finally downloaded... Thank you!!!:eek:

Dave Marsh

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
Sacramento, CA
Finally Downloaded and Installed, so Apple Fixed Issue

Apple must have fixed whatever was preventing the download from working here in northern CA. I tried repeatedly over the past 24 hrs, until this afternoon it just worked. I didn't mess around with my DNS settings, or do anything differently.

So far, I've only found one application that doesn't work with Yosemite, an app called Living Earth, which puts the temperature in the Menu bar, and allows you to click on it to see weather details for a bunch of locations. The Menu bar portion works fine, but the Screen Saver portion crashes the application when it starts up. I notified the software developer to be sure they know about the issue. I like this app because it renders a rotating view of the Earth with live cloud cover on a black screen, with text displays of temperatures for various locations in the corners of the Screen Saver. It's pretty neat. I hope they can fix it for Yosemite. I used to use Meteorology, but they've long since stopped updating their app.

Keysersozeh

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2008
LA Area on AT&T Uverse. Spent last night and early morning with no success. Tried Google's DNS and ATT's.

I will go home and try VPNing to Canada to see if that makes a difference. Rather silly if you ask me.

That worked. :/

Seems pretty so far since I've been running it for the last hour.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
This means Apple is doomed...right? :rolleyes:

I'm so sorry. (Fellow CenturyLink customer here.) Took me 47 hours to download OS X Yosemite DP1. I wish I were exaggerating.

The worst part is that they don't care about improving service.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Pretty sure you're incorrect. :rolleyes:
What am I incorrect about? I was asking a rhetorical question. How am I wrong for asking a question?

If you're talking about when I said: "Let's count: 1 :D", I was jokingly trying to get MR members to sound off and count to 1,000,000.

:rolleyes:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
lol..

"some users" define some within the first hour.

that's putting it mildly.

Starbucks wouldn't help ya either..

All of these extra CDN's Apple is supposing to add isn't helping (maybe they haven't done it yet)

Last edited:

ImmortalcooL

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2014
I successfully downloaded the OS X Yosemite beta 1 with no problem, I installed the OS beta on my VMWARE base on my observation, it runs smoothly and the performance is much faster than the OS mountain lion and mavericks. It feels like the same performance of the snow leopard OS.:D

attachment.php

Specs: macbook pro 13 inch mid 2010 4gig ram 500gb core 2 duo 2.66ghz OS: maverick 10.9.4

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-26 at 5.41.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-26 at 5.41.08 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 14,573
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.