Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carizma22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
Houston, TX
Hi Everyone:

I am new to the forums and desperately need your help. I came back after Thanksgiving and started up my ti-book running Tiger. Entourage opened automatically as usual, but what I got was a new Entourage asking me if I wanted to make it my default email application. Where are all my mailboxes and my address book? I looked in the trash and there are copies of MS Word ane Entourage in there. Did they trash themsleves? I am totally confused. Nobody has used my computer in my absence. This is a disaster of major proportions. Needless to say I don't have a backup.

Carole :confused:

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
carizma22 said:
Hi Everyone:

I am new to the forums and desperately need your help. I came back after Thanksgiving and started up my ti-book running Tiger. Entourage opened automatically as usual, but what I got was a new Entourage asking me if I wanted to make it my default email application. Where are all my mailboxes and my address book? I looked in the trash and there are copies of MS Word ane Entourage in there. Did they trash themsleves? I am totally confused. Nobody has used my computer in my absence. This is a disaster of major proportions. Needless to say I don't have a backup.

Carole :confused:
New Entourage? What do you mean by that?

carizma22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
Houston, TX
Lost Entourage mailboxes and addresses

I mean that Entourage opened up as if it were for the very first time with no mailboxes and an empty address book and an invitation to make it my default email application.

Carole

carizma22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
Houston, TX
Found it--thank you

Very helpful feedback. Thanks.

My orginal identities folder was in the trash and a new one had been created in my documetns folder. So I just swtiched them out and lo and behond all my data was saved. I have just made a back-up copy of it.

My question is how did it end up in the trash? Any ideas?

Carole:)

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
carizma22 said:
Very helpful feedback. Thanks.

My orginal identities folder was in the trash and a new one had been created in my documetns folder. So I just swtiched them out and lo and behond all my data was saved. I have just made a back-up copy of it.

My question is how did it end up in the trash? Any ideas?

Carole:)

Glad you got it sorted.

I don't know how or why this happens but I think as someone points out in that thread, the file has commonly used words so it could just get caught up somehow.

Of course, the cynic in me simply says it's just crap Microsoft engineering.

Welcome to MacRumors ;)

carizma22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
Houston, TX
Or it is Mercury!

Mercury is in retrograde so maybe that's what's going on! It's as good a reason as any!

Carole

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.