Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Fire the jerks who thought of this:mad:

If they do this, it would not be on purpose... it would mean something had gone very wrong in the plan. (You could still fire someone over it, of course.)

fallenjt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2013
Omg...Macrumors removed most posts...lol...

----------

Sites like MacRumors need to put this stuff through a BS test before they publish it on their site. When has Apple ever launched a flagship product in December? That makes zero sense. Just because some Far East site claims something doesn't mean the rumors sites have to publish it.

Lol right on

RightMACatU

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2012
I must admit that I am surprised to see so much skepticism for a 5.5" release. It's right up there after "Elvis is alive" and "We never went to the moon" :D

"Because it's not the Apple way" makes no sense to me.

MRI3T

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2013
Does anyone remember what Apple did with the release date of the Retina iPad mini last year??? They released new iPad "Air", and then left us hanging with no official release date of the Retina mini... (Because I was wanting new Mini) then one day it just randomly shows up in the Apple Store, with no big announcement or anything...! Just sayin

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Sites like MacRumors need to put this stuff through a BS test before they publish it on their site. When has Apple ever launched a flagship product in December? That makes zero sense. Just because some Far East site claims something doesn't mean the rumors sites have to publish it.

The reporting here is horrible. We will have another article in 24 hours saying that the 5.5" model won't be released until 2015. And in 48 hours it's going to flop to a October release.

andeify

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
UK
I really hope Apple make a 4" iPhone 6 option, it's big enough for me. Nothing mentioned about it in all these rumours.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
All this '5.5" coming later' talk is simply hilarious. Not being able to let go of one's self delusion is called denial. Can YOU REALLY imagine Apple releasing TWO sizes of the same phone within a few months?

Snap out of the daydream - 5.5" is imaginary.

All this "Verizon version of iPhone" coming later' talk is simply hilarious. Not being able to let go of one's self delusion is called denial. Can YOU REALLY imagine Apple releasing TWO sizes of the same phone within a few months?

Snap out of the daydream - a "Verizon iPhone" is imaginary.

Confused?: Just reminding some people that Apple has done it before. iPad 3 to 4 is another example. iMacs. MacBooks. Etc. If one could see Apple objectively, they might notice that the apparent pattern with the iPhone is the oddball relative to almost everything else.

----------

I must admit that I am surprised to see so much skepticism for a 5.5" release. It's right up there after "Elvis is alive" and "We never went to the moon" :D

"Because it's not the Apple way" makes no sense to me.

"We" see patterns while Apple sees dollars and market share. "We" cling to such patterns as if they are gospel while Apple clings to profit maximization.

Consider this: if "we" are right, the brilliant Apple would be leaving the bigger-screen smart phones to the Android competitors for up to another year. Why? Because the gospel is the gospel and "thou shalt not change". On the other hand, if Apple is annoyed at the Android competitors, they could hit them where it hurts, releasing 2 models of iPhones (just like last year by the way) that basically soaks up all the "bigger screen" desires above 4" and below about 5" AND above 5" and below about 6". Bite into about ALL of that bigger-screen market or leave a big chunk to Samsung, etc??? What should a smart company do?

Which is the Apple way- leave those profits to the competitors for another year or take them?

Besides, reading the cumulative sentiment of the crowd that posts so much opinion here, "saving" the 5.5" for next year makes little sense. Apparently, the bulk of this crowd can't see it as an upgrade. If there's anything to this "holding back" conspiracy, a bigger screen size doesn't appear to be the highly desirable "could have been" to hold back.

rp2011

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2010
Preorders for the iwatch seems like a good idea. See what the hype is like and build upon it. Guage what demand is like and build better estimates. Not like they will be hurting sales of an existing model already on the market. And not like anyone is rushing to buy the Android garbage wear either.

mabhatter

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2009
December seems like a terrible time for an iWatch launch. Something that makes a perfect holiday gift arrives after a lot of people have already finished their shopping? Not so good. Even November is pushing it.
Not to mention Apple 1.0 products always have a magic gottcha... Resolving those at the holiday time just winds up the trolls. Then everybody feels bad for 3 months because we had to wait for our Apple toys in one quarter and they're broken.

iPhone should have been pushing earlier this year... Like August, to start spacing out releases. I finally bought a used iPhone 5 because with the over hype, and rushed production there WILL be some stupid production error in the first 5 million out the door... Just wait till the product is out 3 months and Apple will have everything purring like a kitten... Of course "3 months" is now January 2015... I guess I get to save money!!!

pure-rockstar

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2014
So you mean to tell me that they're going to get everyone to come down to San Francisco and September only to have to get another plane ticket and come right back down in October? Why don't they just released everything in October

Enabledobject

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2014
Preorders for the iwatch seems like a good idea. See what the hype is like and build upon it. Guage what demand is like and build better estimates. Not like they will be hurting sales of an existing model already on the market. And not like anyone is rushing to buy the Android garbage wear either.
There will be no iWatch.

AppleInLVX

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2010
I'm trying to recall if Apple has ever had a major release in December. I imagine that would totally produce a poopstorm of mammoth proportions when you combine holiday rush and holidays. Lots and lots of upset customers at that point. I doubt this can be the case. I'd say early next year before I'd say December.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
So you mean to tell me that they're going to get everyone to come down to San Francisco and September only to have to get another plane ticket and come right back down in October? Why don't they just released everything in October

OR...They use the media room in Cupertino as they have many times in the past...

MyDataMyProbs

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2014
before anyone starts verbally attacking me lol - DISCLAIMER - I know everything on here is a RUMOR-

with that being said, and I know what I'm about to say has been mentioned numerous times already but it's seriously starting to have me wondering.. where's this "amazing pipeline"? showing everything in last minute sounds like an awful idea from a sourcing, production, logistics etc standpoint.

hopefully Apple is smarter than us and actually has a roadmap. and we just don't see it yet. but month by month is getting more and more narrow and my worrying level grows! Come on apple! Put your cards on the table!

jlabute

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2014
good luck on that one

I really hope Apple make a 4" iPhone 6 option, it's big enough for me. Nothing mentioned about it in all these rumours.

As much as it would be nice for some people... I would tend to think that YEAR 2015 would be the end of 4" phones. Some things make a come back... lets see if there is enough demand for it :)

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
before anyone starts verbally attacking me lol - DISCLAIMER - I know everything on here is a RUMOR-

with that being said, and I know what I'm about to say has been mentioned numerous times already but it's seriously starting to have me wondering.. where's this "amazing pipeline"? showing everything in last minute sounds like an awful idea from a sourcing, production, logistics etc standpoint.

Announcing something to the public doesn't have to happen before the underlined occurs, in fact there have only been a handful of examples in the last few years that Apple has shown product before all the logistics and production occurs, otherwise you usually hear "available today" at the end of the keynote.

MyDataMyProbs

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2014

Announcing something to the public doesn't have to happen before the underlined occurs, in fact there have only been a handful of examples in the last few years that Apple has shown product before all the logistics and production occurs, otherwise you usually hear "available today" at the end of the keynote.

but really, 2 phones, a watch, and possibly a touch and a mac? in 2-3 months? thats a lot

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008

Not the best example, but the newest Mac Pro became available for purchase on December 19, 2013, and first shipped on December 30, 2013. Of course it was announced long before that.

A. Dumbledore

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2014
All this "Verizon version of iPhone" coming later' talk is simply hilarious. Not being able to let go of one's self delusion is called denial. Can YOU REALLY imagine Apple releasing TWO sizes of the same phone within a few months?

Snap out of the daydream - a "Verizon iPhone" is imaginary.

Confused?: Just reminding some people that Apple has done it before. iPad 3 to 4 is another example. iMacs. MacBooks. Etc. If one could see Apple objectively, they might notice that the apparent pattern with the iPhone is the oddball relative to almost everything else.

----------

"We" see patterns while Apple sees dollars and market share. "We" cling to such patterns as if they are gospel while Apple clings to profit maximization.

Consider this: if "we" are right, the brilliant Apple would be leaving the bigger-screen smart phones to the Android competitors for up to another year. Why? Because the gospel is the gospel and "thou shalt not change". On the other hand, if Apple is annoyed at the Android competitors, they could hit them where it hurts, releasing 2 models of iPhones (just like last year by the way) that basically soaks up all the "bigger screen" desires above 4" and below about 5" AND above 5" and below about 6". Bite into about ALL of that bigger-screen market or leave a big chunk to Samsung, etc??? What should a smart company do?

Which is the Apple way- leave those profits to the competitors for another year or take them?

Besides, reading the cumulative sentiment of the crowd that posts so much opinion here, "saving" the 5.5" for next year makes little sense. Apparently, the bulk of this crowd can't see it as an upgrade. If there's anything to this "holding back" conspiracy, a bigger screen size doesn't appear to be the highly desirable "could have been" to hold back.

Whoa #

amirite

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2009
I'm willing to place a serious bet with anyone who'd like to take me up on it. My proposal is simple; I bet £4,720 that Apple will not release a 5.5" iPhone before summer/autumn next year, if at all.

I am 100% serious, so who's up for it?
I am.

mabhatter

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2009
but really, 2 phones, a watch, and possibly a touch and a mac? in 2-3 months? thats a lot

Apple has waited too long with too little on the table. I'm surprised there wasn't a riot at WWDC when they didn't announce ANYTHING people could BUY. Steve had everybody trained with the "be in stores by Friday" that went on for nearly 5 years. We're crazy, money throwing animals now... The Wonka Works are too quiet. That's gonna turn to an upset mob if they pack too many new products, too closely and screw them up.

jdawgnoonan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Jefferson, WI
You're angry cause I said Apple is toying with us? WOW

Dude. These are all rumors. People all over the world invent these rumors, most of which are pure crap, just to generate click bait. People should not get mad about rumors nor should they assume that Apple has anything to do with these rumors.

----------

The reporting here is horrible. We will have another article in 24 hours saying that the 5.5" model won't be released until 2015. And in 48 hours it's going to flop to a October release.

This is not a "Reporting" site! This is a rumor site and has never been anything else. It has been around longer than the iPhone and its fanbois. Don't take rumors seriously. Most of them are false, some of them turn out to be real. Don't come here looking for articles, come here looking for rumors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.