Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006
The first picture is the most recent leaked picture of the X+1 I can find.

The second picture is from TK Tech News and is of an unknown Motorola phone -- likely the new Droid Ultra -- that is either running Android L or a modified version of KitKat that looks like Android L. I'm thinking it is a modified version of KitKat because of the way icons in the Google folder look. It's different than the way folders look in Android L.

moto-g-2%C2%AA-xeracion1.jpg

motox1photo.png

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Personally I would only spend as much on it as I could sell it for in a month, if you plan to buy the X+1 at release.

Thing is will the X+1 even release here in Europe given how long it took for the x to release ....

Plus next month it'll be the ip6 that will be tempting me :D

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Thing is will the X+1 even release here in Europe given how long it took for the x to release ....

And what about the Note 4? :)

I would pass on the Moto, save the money for the next goodies.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US

Me too....the IP6 will just be too tempting for me to pass on......i will prob get it.

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
I agree that the front facing speakers don't look good... on the white model.

Maybe on the black model they won't be that noticeable.

I don't know about looking good but I don't care. Speakers SHOULD be on the front of a device.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
I just realized that this picture is labeled as the successor to the Moto G. So, I guess we really don't have any pics of the Moto X+1 except the one in the plastic wrap from TK Tech News.

There's this ones:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/07/photos-of-the-moto-x1-leak-show-wooden-back/

They look like the real deal to me. Aluminum borders, wooden back, new camera design, etc.

I read that those pictures from TK news were false. They were of the Moto X. It was all a lie they say.

SpoonCody

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2014

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Would make me a little mad that they end up using the Snapdragon 800 instead of the 801 (or even 805) considering how long they're taking to announce the phone.

I'm sure they can get the 801 as cheap as the 800 by now.

yinz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
I just realized that this picture is labeled as the successor to the Moto G. So, I guess we really don't have any pics of the Moto X+1 except the one in the plastic wrap from TK Tech News.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it were the moto g. The speaker accents are more in line with moto g's design. Personally, if they updated the moto x+1 with a higher resolution screen, smaller bezels, faster processor, and better mic input (to improve touchless control), while retaining or improving battery life, I'd be pretty happy.

As it stands now, even the moto x feels big in my pockets. When I sit down, it's just plain uncomfortable without taking it out of my pocket.

Me too....the IP6 will just be too tempting for me to pass on......i will prob get it.

I'm not even close to being tempted if the iPhone 6 retain the hugemongous iPhone-esque bezels. They are just too big for today's standards that include the LG G line and the Motorola moto phones. (Of course HTC One being an exception due to obvious reasons)

My perfect vision of a 4.7" iPhone would be onscreen buttons with the touch ID on the back (in the shape of an Apple logo). That would be awesome. I use the assistive touch on the iPhone anyways. It's time to move away from the huge bezel and the archaic home button.

Last edited:

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Leaning more towards the iPhone 6 or Note 4. Time will tell but the x +1 is in third place now for wants.

JH-

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2009
Leaning more towards the iPhone 6 or Note 4. Time will tell but the x +1 is in third place now for wants.

The Note 4 is out for me until Samsung either fixes touchwiz or makes it easier to flash roms. I refuse to support that skin.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
The Note 4 is out for me until Samsung either fixes touchwiz or makes it easier to flash roms. I refuse to support that skin.

Agreed. I much rather get the X+1 than the Note 4 due to stock Android vs TouchWiz. I know performance on the Moto will be better.

I hope Motorola includes 4K video recording. If they don't that might be a deal breaker for me. I want my next phone to have 4K video recording. Used it briefly on the G2 via a tweak and I really like it for some occasions (not always obviously).

And I'd also hate the chrome bezel in the Note again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.