Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Barron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Central California Coast
Secrets are Good & Fun too.

Seems like this is been kept under wraps pretty well if no one can figure out if Sapphire is being used or not...

Apple needs to keep the secrets alive. I love the anticipation & announcement day. You need to something to look forward to in order to keep the spice of life going. Go Apple! :apple:

MyDataMyProbs

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2014
got really excited.

until the very end of the article where it says that pretty much none of this is factual, and he is often wrong. lol

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Because it is not for sale?

No. I met the daughter of the waitress at the diner down the street that served the CEO of the company coffee and key lime pie and she said that wasn't the reason. She asked to remain an unnaimed source so I can't divulge her identity. Supply chain checks confirm this.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
The Beats lightning connector headphones are very interesting; glad to see those rumors keeping up. I do not expect it this soon however.

I do think it is clear that the next redesign of the iPhone (iPhone 7) will see the removal of the headphone jack. It will now be the thickest point on the device, and Apple doesn't like limitations like that.

Last edited:

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
So many rumours about a 4.7" iPhone and a 5.5" iPhone, but none seem to have a view on if there will be a 4" iPhone. Are the new sizes an addition or replacement? Apple have said in the past why they think 4" is optimal, so I hope they continue to have that as a size for the current model (as opposed to retaining it only in a 5C format).

danielsutton

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2011
Because it is not for sale?

Apple does not need to buy every company hat it works with, sometimes a solid partnership is good enough. Just like the IBM deal, Apple did not have to buy an enterprise software and services company, the partnership will be enough to go a long way toward putting iPhones, iPads, and Macs in large companies across the world.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
The 5/5S looks pretty blocky and dated next to the new shape.

Really to me it looks like Apple is going after the traditional Motorola design aesthetic. From the mid 1960s going forward. Motorola was of course copying the 1959s Braun German design aesthetic, and they were copying the Swiss from the 1920s. Ultimately Deco makes a comeback every 20 years, and here we are again.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Apple does not need to buy every company hat it works with, sometimes a solid partnership is good enough. Just like the IBM deal, Apple did not have to buy an enterprise software and services company, the partnership will be enough to go a long way toward putting iPhones, iPads, and Macs in large companies across the world.

I bet they are wishing this was the case when they got into business with google and samsung! :D

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I'm finally getting 100Mbps internet next week. If it can handle that, then that's all I care about as far as the radios go. I might finally buy an AC router though—mostly to have solid range across my house with beam-forming or whatever. The chips used in the iPhone for years also supported FM radio but were never used. Just because it has NFC in the package doesn't mean Apple has to use it.

2GHz A8? Holy cow. That's a lot of horsepower for a phone. Are they sure that's not for the next iPad? Seems like a high clock for a phone. If it's true then I guess the die shrink really helped. Now we just need 2GB of ram and we'll be set.

I've thought all along that the sapphire screen was going to be some type of composite or laminate. Everything I've read about sapphire is that it breaks easily, but is really scratch resistant. To get the best of both worlds you need a composite solution.

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
The Beats lightning connector headphones are very interesting; glad to see those rumors keeping up. I do not expect it this soon however.

I do think it is clear that the next redesign of the iPhone will see the removal of the headphone jack. It will now be the thickest point on the device, and Apple doesn't like limitations like that.

I think in the 7 revision this is likely.

I figure by 2016 there will be a better way to connect headphones to devices.

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
Honestly I could care less about sapphire display. I have never broken my screen or even scratched it so its a no factor for me. I would rather have any of the others suggested than sapphire glass.

langscinema

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2014
still hoping for wireless charging.......saw the rumor once but nothing since so doubt it will happen.......BUT if its added to iWatch maybe it'll be on the iPhone too

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali

I do think it is clear that the next redesign of the iPhone (iPhone 7) will see the removal of the headphone jack. It will now be the thickest point on the device, and Apple doesn't like limitations like that.

That sounds nice,but how would I charge my phone and use my headphones at the same time?

Although,if they did do that I could see them making a lighting to headphone accessory for 29.99. That way others without beats could still use their standard headphones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.