Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

downpour

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
This is the downside to being secretive. If the rumours suggest you are going to do something interesting... and you don't, everyone ends up being disappointed.

I personally don't care about scratch resistance, what I want is a generation of iDevices that don't shatter when dropped, oh and 32GB of storage in the base model. ;)

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
I bought a 4.7 inch smartphone with NFC and without sapphire glass in 2011.
Fine. The Nokia 8310 had infrared and a swappable keypad in 2001.
He wants you to realize that you are biased.
Against what? No one said, Apple couldn't put NFC in a phone. They just choose to not use this particular standard for radio communication. Three different wireless technologies should be enough for every purpose. There is no innovation to be achieved by including NFC. Mobile payments depends on security protocols and convenient identification, not NFC. Apple is far ahead of the competition with TouchID.

No sapphire, actually a bit of sapphire, some with some without, no no sapphire is happening... maybe? NFC no, no chance, but actually yes but no.

Guys we have a month left just chill out. :cool:
I have no idea what you just said???

At this point, I don't give a rat ass about iPhone 6 rumors. They're all sketchy at best. Nobody knows anything for sure this time. :apple:
I know they will be magical, and stylish; the epitome of style :p

No sapphire? No problem, I'm just fine with the monkey glass.

Wrong species - i thought it was gorilla glass?

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
If they want to get into mobile payments, they have to. Most new POS terminals already support NFC. In a few years time, every POS terminal will be able to support contactless payments using NFC.
In a few years time, people won't have to walk anymore. There will be moving walkways and escalators everywhere, on every street and every staircase. That's what they told my mother, when she was a little girl. :eek:

She's still kinda disappointed about the future. :p

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
In a few years time, people won't have to walk anymore. There will be moving walkways and escalators everywhere, on every street and every staircase. That's what they told my mother, when she was a little girl. :eek:

You are not making any sense.

alexgowers

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2012
I know it hurts, we all want sapphire, but Apple does this all the time. Intentionally cripple a product so they can have a talking point for the "s" release.

iPhone 6S, now with impenetrable sapphire display!!!! Magic!

Yeah because if sapphire doesn't arrive FIRST in the iPhone somehow it's been crippled? Sapphire is in production, no one can tell what it's suitable for and leaving it out of the iPhone is certainly not for profit.

It's never wise for a product not to have a capability, apple has only ever left out things that don't work or can be done better, look at flash, now every phone leaves it out. People complained so hard about that but it was the right choice for a better device even if no one could see that.

jm001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011

YEAH! And where are the flying cars for every day use?

sully54

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2012
Canada
I thought this was funny...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 13.05.08.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 13.05.08.png
    569.1 KB · Views: 125

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
I bought a 4.7 inch smartphone with NFC and without sapphire glass in 2011.

Yep but did it have a Retina Display, run iOS or have a fingerprint scanner? Also, in 2011, what the heck did you use NFC for that AirDrop doesn't cover?

MyDataMyProbs

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2014
I don't have the actual text here now, but I'm pretty sure that an adapter shipped with the phone was enough to meet the criteria.

great, just what we need is another sort of white adapter. hopefully by then wireless charging will be mainstream. Or Apple will do "their thing" and *poof* super awesome thunderbolt 3.0 charging system that is universal

Suffa

macrumors member
May 11, 2013
I just can't ****ing believe Apple will release a 5.5" iPhone. It's a huge leap from 4" which is just weird coming from Apple. And all the mockups look like **** so judging from that, Apple is going downhill.. :eek:

LordVic

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2011
Apple was absolutely against a iPad Mini ('sandpaper for your fingertips')

Never Say Never.

Thats why i'm torn.

They've said one thing, but made signs of something else.

Until it's announced, I'm sceptical, but not denying.

Mago

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2011
Beyond the Thunderdome
I just can't ****ing believe Apple will release a 5.5" iPhone. It's a huge leap from 4" which is just weird coming from Apple. And all the mockups look like **** so judging from that, Apple is going downhill.. :eek:
More less you're right, I doubt there is coming a 5.5" iPhone, will sell? Sure will sell more than android Phablets, but android Phablets still account only 5% of the flagship smartphone market, further a big % of Phablet owner return to more handy 4.5" device (as I did moving from a note 2 to an HTC M8), but there is an big market for 5.5" gaming device much more bigger and profitable than Phablet market, thus all the leaks on the 5.5 iDevice lacks the back casing so we didn't see yet if this device has radio antennae cutout or Windows as the iPhone5, it's intriguing, but the of this device it's an iTouch has sense an 5.5" iTouch will be an true and legitimate PSP killer, an juicy market.

Also Don't get surprised if that 5.5 iTouch also comes with lower resolution (same as current iPhone5) than the 4.7" iPhone, since this must be much cheaper than an mini iPad, also current resolution will sell good save cost and battery life, requiring no software modificación since games will run same as on an iPhone5.

Last edited:

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
They need to put sapphire display...even the next Huawei will have officially .
Common Apple...not being the first in retina Monitors...not being the first to put sapphire after the collaboration with GT ADV. But other can

LordVic

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2011
Wait what? How was Apple against an iPad Mini?

Steve Jobs when asked many times about a "smaller iPad" was very very adamant that it was a bad idea, nobody would want one, and it would do nothing but ruin the ecosystem.

“The reason we [won't] make a 7-inch tablet isn’t because we don’t want to hit [a lower] price point,” Jobs said. “It’s because we think the screen is too small to express the software. As a software driven company, we think about the software strategies first.”

shly0718

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
Singapore
sansung lame

If there's no sapphire then I'm done with Apple, seriously.

I'm just so sick of these lame upgrades.

We keep getting teased with great rumours only to be disappointed and heartbroken when the product finally arrives.

I'll be getting a Samsung. They might be unoriginal but at least they're keeping up with the technology curve.

they don't even have a 64-bit chip and proper fingerprint sensor, after ONE year.
LoL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.